Holy new amp day!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy new amp day!!!

Have any of you seen this thing, the Vox MV50? It's got some new tube (called NuTube) technology. It's basically based off of those VFD displays like really old calculators, your microwave display, or the digital dashboards from the 80's and 90's.

I got one of these as soon as I heard it. It sounds super cool! 50 watts, and it weighs next to nothing. This is going to be my ultimate lazy rig. It's the size of a freaking pedal!
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
    Originally posted by Securb
    The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Re: Holy new amp day!!!

...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...

Comment

cool looking! Whats the guage show? Sound good?
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
        cool looking! Whats the guage show? Sound good?
        VU meter. Output signal level. Basically just to look cool. It sounds fantastic. It reminds me of my old Vox Night Train, but a little ballsier and a hell of a lot lighter. It's seriously ridiculous how small this thing is, and loud.

Comment

Cool.

But Vol/Tone/Gain...

Better be the ONE sound you dig. Still, there are just more and more of these things every day. Glad you dig it. Give us a tonal rundown.

What are you listening to? No loop - how does it handle gain pedals etc...

I'm always thinking about a Crate Powerblock for emergencies etc. But again- any one of these things might be cool. Tell us more.
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
            Cool.

But Vol/Tone/Gain...

Better be the ONE sound you dig. Still, there are just more and more of these things every day. Glad you dig it. Give us a tonal rundown.

What are you listening to? No loop - how does it handle gain pedals etc...

I'm always thinking about a Crate Powerblock for emergencies etc. But again- any one of these things might be cool. Tell us more.
            Oh, I love single channel amps, and it's chimey but with some grit. I'll have to try it with my alnico blue. I'll see how it fits with the AC moniker. It's the kind of cut got guitar tone that I like.

Comment

does it use one of those gigantor transformer power adapter thingies?

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
                does it use one of those gigantor transformer power adapter thingies?
                It's a laptop looking one. Not too bad.

Comment

An evolution in iconic tone, MV50 AC serves up the distinctive chime and crunch of a VOX AC30. Boasting an incredible 50 watts of power, the VOX MV50 combine...

Here's a no BS sample of its sound.

Comment

That is a highly produced slick BS sample of it's sound. From the maker.

Still, I dig it. I'm not trading in my even-less-knobs Pro Jr. for it - but I dig the slick vid anyway. I'd like to really hear a sample of the full range, with hum buckers...
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                      That is a highly produced slick BS sample of it's sound. From the maker.

Still, I dig it. I'm not trading in my even-less-knobs Pro Jr. for it - but I dig the slick vid anyway. I'd like to really hear a sample of the full range, with hum buckers...
                      Might throw one together... Pardon the crap playing. Played with a Gibson SGJ, stock 61 pickups, into the Vox, into a Greenback. SM57 into a Focusrite iTrack Solo, into garage band.

Last edited by trevorus; 04-29-2017, 09:57 PM.

Comment

I remember reading about the nutubes a good while ago and recently wondering if they were ever used in something. Saw those vox' in the namm news not too long ago too.

Glad you're liking it. 50W in that small a package is an insane concept...

Comment

Working...
                        X