banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What head to go with Marshall MX412 Cabinet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What head to go with Marshall MX412 Cabinet?

So I've just aquired this amplifier and for the moment I'm running it though the amplifier on a cubeq combo amp. I'm thinking about getting a head for it (less than $300 if possible) and am wondering what to go for. All I really care is that it has a volume, 3 band eq, gain, and if possible a switch to reduce the wattage. Maybe some onboard effects but nothing too complicated. I'm going for EVH, Billy Gibbons, and AC/DC tones. Any suggestions for a guitarist on a budget? I rarely ever journey into amplifier central.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Re: What head to go with Marshall MX412 Cabinet?

Diezel all day

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Comment

I can't afford that. Plus it doesn't match the classic Marshall aesthetic.
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright

Comment

What about Orange? Do they have anything in my price range worth looking at?
        I was also considering a Bugera V55HD, but that's a bit costlier.
        Last edited by Chistopher; 04-29-2017, 05:11 PM.

Comment

The old Marshall Valvestates were pretty solid and usually sell for pretty cheap nowadays.

Peavey Windsor too, perhaps.

Comment

Jet City.

Comment

Find yourself a used Peavey Valve King 100W.

Comment

I would think one of the Orange "Terror" amps could work. I recently saw a good deal on a Marshall Haze 15 head. If you need more power, in your budget range you will probably have to go solid state. I like the idea of the Valvestate.

You should also look for vintage Peavey heads.

Bill
                When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Working...
                X