banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's a good DI box for silent recording/playing at home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a good DI box for silent recording/playing at home?

I have no experience with DI boxes or speaker simulators so I am not sure if I get this right but...
    Would a H&K red box be what I look for? I want to use a tube amp at home but cannot be loud. Also, I don't want anything expensive, just something that sounds and feels good.
    Suggestions?

Re: What's a good DI box for silent recording/playing at home?

Take a look at Radial Engineering's products. They are the Kings of D.I. boxes.

Bill
    When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

For what you want to do you'll need a load box/attenuate with a built in D.I. take a look at the Rivera Mini RockRec or Radial Headload Prodigy. They'll let you run your tube amp silently to headphones or a computer without damaging your amp. There are probably other brands/models that do this, but these were the two I know off the top of my head.
      sigpic
      Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

A Behringer Ultra G is cheap & reliable with a built in cab sim that's decent/usable (& it lets you plug your amp's speaker output into it so you get the whole amp's output..not just the preamp) but you'll need an additional dummy load for the silent recording..
        "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
        If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Working...
        X