I NEED YOUR HELP GUYS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I NEED YOUR HELP GUYS!!!

My cab is making this awful ****ing sound whenever I play an A5#, F5# or a C5 chords.
    I dunno what can it be. I am quite sure it's not the amp as I have been recently biased and given maintenance.

Here's the YouTube link:
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Last edited by Rigo Tovar; 05-09-2017, 09:33 PM.

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP GUYS!!!

Could be a couple things;

1. Speaker(s) are loose.
    2. Speaker cone needs readjusted.
    3. Speaker(s) is/are blown.

Does this happen on clean channel as well?

CHances are it's probably #1, maybe #3.
    Originally posted by grumptruck
    No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
    Originally posted by Gear Used
    PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
    Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
    Mesa Stiletto Ace
    Gurus 5015
    Mesa Widebody 1X12
    Pedalboard

Comment

Whats the wattage of your head, and did you crank it recently?

Also, make sure its not something else vibrating in the room as well. Your definitely going to need to open the cab up. Open it up, inspect speakers for physical damage and make sure everything is tightened up.
      TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Almost sounds like you are hitting some sort of resonant frequency that vibrated something loose. If everything inside is tight, then try to isolate which speaker it is (which might be hard, and require 2 people to do).
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

First thing ... move the head off the cab and try it again.

Comment

Check the tightness of the screw attaching the back panel to the center post.

Comment

Mi Matamoros querido... nunca te podré olvidar.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
              Who took my guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by Darg1911 View Post
                First thing ... move the head off the cab and try it again.
                Agreed had a power tube that was causing some thing similar in a combo once. Eliminate something resonating in the head first then stat looking at the cab/speakers. If I remeber right those are just 30 watt speakers so if you were running that cab stereo HARD with a 100 watt head may have smoked one. Start with moving the head then get some one to play the rig and see if you can tell where the sound is coming from. Is it a single speaker or inside the cab? Good luck!
                Guitars
                Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
                  Agreed had a power tube that was causing some thing similar in a combo once. Eliminate something resonating in the head first then stat looking at the cab/speakers. If I remeber right those are just 30 watt speakers so if you were running that cab stereo HARD with a 100 watt head may have smoked one. Start with moving the head then get some one to play the rig and see if you can tell where the sound is coming from. Is it a single speaker or inside the cab? Good luck!
                  It can be surprising ... the sounds that a microphonic tube can produce. I have an amp that uses a 6SL7 in the pre. Well know for being microphonic. I also have several microphonic 6SL7's and I don't think any of them misbehave the same way or at the same frequencies.

Comment

Working...
                  X