NAD: Mesa content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NAD: Mesa content

Too bad they never made a 3 channel so you could get Tite Clean/Fat Clean, Crunch & Tite Gain/Fluid Gain.

If I end up with a Stiletto, I'm blaming you!
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Manchester Music Mill in NH has one for 800.... 100 watt head, you can probably talk them down to 700.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
        I absolutely kept the VS100 - not getting rid of that ever...
        Yeah, big mistake by me selling that amp. I have my head on a swivel in case one pops up for short money. Congrats again on the Mesa.

Comment

Great amp! Welcome to the Mesa club. I wanna try that amp some day. I am not that familiar with that model, so tell me: What does it do? What was it designed for?
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

serious piece of kit
            "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
            Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              Great amp! Welcome to the Mesa club. I wanna try that amp some day. I am not that familiar with that model, so tell me: What does it do? What was it designed for?
              Feel free to stop over and play it. You know where I live...more/less.

My Understanding is it is the "Marshall" by "Mesa." Contemporary to the Lonestar (Fender by Mesa).

It is supposed to be a 50 or 100 watt batch of EL34 British goodness - and that is what it is!

As always, a batch of Tube/silicon rectifier, Blog-spongy options. But after that is is basically a two channels with 3 voices each pair of JCM 800's hot rodded as you please.

The crunch on channel one does all the super up Marshall most would ever need, takes the pedal extremely well if you want more. I haven't taken either gain control past 3p

The drive on channel two starts at crunch (cloned the channel) and goes from there. Tite gain is in serious juiced Marshall mode or 5150 style. Fluid is over the top and where the boogie character starts creeping back in. Again - lots of combos:

Silicon/Tube rectifier x Bold/Sponge x 50/100 x 3 modes per gives you 24 sounds

And presence just makes it perfect! I hate Marshall without Presence control!!!!! Also a Master Volume and Solo boost!
              Last edited by Aceman; 05-15-2017, 07:35 AM.
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Can we see a pic of it? It sounds pretty amazing.

Comment

Its in the video after the Jenna V

Did you watch the whole thing???

Comment

You can go crazy messing with all the options, I just pick my tones and try to ignore all of the other options.

Comment

Update: Just got the foot switch going!!!!!

So now I have....

Crunch, Crunch + Mean Green Clean Boost, Crunch + US Dream, AND....Solo Boost on first channel

Tite Gain, Tite Gain + Mean Green Clean Boost, Tite Gain + US Dream AND....Solo Boost on second channel

That's SIX, count'em SIX tones, all with a nice solo volume boost on tap!!!!

Comment

I really like the SOLO boost feature on the Matk V and V:35 I have. I don't dial in a lot of boost, but it's nice to add a little punch on my clean solos.

There's been a Stiletto Trident on the CL. Good price too, but I really don't need another 150-watt amp!

Glad you are enjoying your amp.

Bill
                        When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Solo boost will probably end up being your favorite feature.

Comment

On most Mesas, you will still be finding new tones a few years down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                              On most Mesas, you will still be finding new tones a few years down the road.
                              True story.
                              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I really like to dial in a standard sound and be louder with that for solo's. Maybe I'll hit a delay, but not always.

That feature is one of my favorites on anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X