Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A very rare NAD for me...

Man that's so awesome you got that!
    I was surprised as the picture was loading once I saw that white piping against the black tolex, then of course, the unmistakable Marshall gold... Good move having it gone over asap.
    I'd be tempted to have new tubes put in it anyway just to hit the "re-set button" so to speak, however if it checks out ok and you were planning on flipping it, then there's no need for the extra expense as you're full aware I'm sure...
    I always did that with every tube item I bought and I'd write down the dates and other info so I had a data sheet for my own personal use and to help combat my sometimer's disease. 12ax7's plug and play, so those are almost too tempting not to mess with, so being I'm able to do that myself I'm all over it and usually have several matched and mismatched pairs that I'll go through just to see what "colors" I have to work with.
    Hope it all checks out ok for you, and you get to jam out on it soon! Thanks for sharing!
    87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

You explained "why" but not "how much"

Should we suffice to say that if we knew, the police would be notified?

You & Julie should do "Going Under" by Evanescence using that....
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Well, lets say I got the 'I am your guitar teacher' discount. Bob, you need one of these. Perfect for anything from 1983-2000.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Once you figure out how you gonna use it you should post a video
          Who took my guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post
            Once you figure out how you gonna use it you should post a video
            I gotta borrow AceBob's outfit for that, though.

Comment

So far, my best live sound came from a TSL 100, a 1960A 4x12, a Line6 M13 in the loop and a Dimebag Wah. If it's biased right, that amp sings and cuts very well in a mix.

Since I had an accident involving surgery and weight-lifting restraints a few years back, the TSL had to go, as well as the other gear. I'm now a H&K convert, but I truly miss that amp, ever if a lot of people seemed to run from it back then an even now.

If I remember it correctly, it had some kind of attenuator-thingy going on that I found quite usable playing live. Yet, it's far from a "bedroom amp" as I can recall. I once cam drunk from a gig when I lived in an apartment, and the next day I wanted to play, and forgot to set the amps volumes... as a result, I got loose the window glasses all around the house. Never again!
              Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

If anyone else bought it I would say congrats. Right now I am confused and a little scared.

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
                  You might want to swap the speakers first. The Stiletto isn't exactly the same, but Rectos sound like grainy a$$ through T75s.

Cuz they t75's.... nuff said.

Theres a reason Mesa orders V30s and MC90s instead....they better lol
                  "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                    If anyone else bought it I would say congrats. Right now I am confused and a little scared.

Don't worry, I am, too. It sure is fun playing stuff I grew up with, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                      Don't worry, I am, too. It sure is fun playing stuff I grew up with, though.
                      Are you going to put it in the teaching studio for the kiddies?

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                        Are you going to put it in the teaching studio for the kiddies?
                        I am sure the businesses around me will love that!

Comment

Working...
                        X