Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD JetCity JCA5212

Just traded a JetCity combo tube amp.
    50W with a very nice (IMO) clean tone and a good crunch. Designed by Soldano.
    I'm very happy about my new (2nd hand) ampli!!!

Re: NAD JetCity JCA5212

Congratulations on your newly acquired amp egicar! Have fun with it mate!!
    If it's tone ever gets to edgy (too trebly, too much upper mid bite) to your ears, remember to throw in some JJ ECC83 tubes in the pre-amp section!!
    If it sounds fine, don't throw in anything and rock it as it is!
    "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

Originally posted by The JEM Ghost View Post
      Congratulations on your newly acquired amp egicar! Have fun with it mate!!
      If it's tone ever gets to edgy (too trebly, too much upper mid bite) to your ears, remember to throw in some JJ ECC83 tubes in the pre-amp section!!
      If it sounds fine, don't throw in anything and rock it as it is!
      +1

I have the 22H and it seems to have been made for JJ ECC83s. The gain stays pretty much the same, while it loses the grainy harshness in the highs.
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

I had some problems with microphonic effects on two preamp's tubes, that I changed.
        Now, with new power tubes and that problem solved it's perfect!!!

Comment

Jet Citys seem to be hugely under appreciated amps. Owned a JCA 22H for a while and really liked that little head. Sold it to buy a higher wattage amp with a better clean. Now wish I would have sold something else and kept the little Jet City as it REALLY nailed some great modded Marshall tones at volumes that were sane.
          Guitars
          Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
          Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
            Jet Citys seem to be hugely under appreciated amps.
            I completely agree, the fact that they're made in China probably has everything to do with it. I agree that a lot of crap is comming from China, but that does not mean that all Chinese products are total crap! Jet City for example or the Joyo effect pedals offer great bang for the buck, and I don't think they are inferior products at all.
            "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

When I was young, we said the same negative things about Japanese products ...

Comment

Is this a two channel amp? Or 1.5 channels like a JCM 800? Either way, that's a lot of amp for your Dollar!
                Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

It has one input, with two separate channels. One "clean", with 3 tone knobs and a volume one. One "crunch", with its own 3 tone knobs, volume and gain knobs. It has a 2 springs reverb and a presence knob.

Comment

Here is the preamplifier schematics.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2397.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	5800716

Comment

And here is the power amplifier schematics

Name:	IMG_2398.jpg
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	5800717

Comment

I keep thinking about getting the head version of this amp.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

Very clean internal disposition.

Name:	IMG_2330.jpg
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	5800718

Name:	IMG_2329.jpg
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	5800719

Name:	IMG_2331.jpg
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	5800720

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                            I keep thinking about getting the head version of this amp.
                            I'd recommend going out to test one of these Demanic, I've read in a different thread that you are looking for a new amp, and in my opinion these Jet City amps are well underrated. Seems like the new model 50W has different controls to it, it lost the seperate channel EQ control and the two channels now share the same EQ-pots (something I don't like myself). They added a double master volume now, but in general I prefer the old layout with the double EQ-control.
                            Link to the new model:

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
                              Jet Citys seem to be hugely under appreciated amps. Owned a JCA 22H for a while and really liked that little head. Sold it to buy a higher wattage amp with a better clean. Now wish I would have sold something else and kept the little Jet City as it REALLY nailed some great modded Marshall tones at volumes that were sane.
                              I begged them to come out with a 4-EL84 version, I ended up going to Orange but man did I dig that amp. Good tubes in it make a HUGE difference in what that little amp can do.
                              My Bands -
                              https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                              www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                              www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                              GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Working...
                              X