Marshall Lead 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall Lead 12

Hi Guys, i have a marshall Lead 12 head (given to me by my grandad) which i normally use for bedroom jamming and i absolutely love it, so i brought it to a rehearsal to put through a 2x12 and i thought it was killer! Great amp for pedals and sounds really punky/grungy!

The rest of the band thought it sucked...

Its not really make or break, i love it, its my amp so tough tit's for them but i would like to know if its just me that likes them?

The only other person i know that even has one is my luthier friend who has the combo version.

Re: Marshall Lead 12

I have a Lead 12 stack and agree it's pretty cool. Mostly use mine for playing around the house or recording the odd overdub. As you've found it really comes alive when pushing bigger cab(s).

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

I had the combo for several years & sold it to make some room. Pretty much a one-trick pony that really needed a TS or super OD to sound good. Stock speaker pretty much blows. I'd pick up the head if I ever saw it cheap enough. Given I have about 200 ways to make a good marshall tone, I don't miss it.

Comment

good deals with:

Buyers - Allstarme, Savage_Distorton, Lerxst6, KingIZZO))), Powerglide350, Donnievaz, SrDeMaFp, Guston7, Ayrton, IndySG, eclecticsynergy, eaeolian, Jolly

Sellers - 51501984

Comment

In the 80's, it was really common to see those little Lead 12 combos used as backstage warmup amps by guys like EVH, Hammett, Yngwie, and Moore.

I've never looked at a schematic, but I'll bet most of the 80's solid state combos had a similar circuit to a JCM 800.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
            In the 80's, it was really common to see those little Lead 12 combos used as backstage warmup amps by guys like EVH, Hammett, Yngwie, and Moore.

I've never looked at a schematic, but I'll bet most of the 80's solid state combos had a similar circuit to a JCM 800.
            The tone is rather JCM800-like, but the gain stages look like a Tube Screamer. It has issues with low end buildup, so running a TS or SD-1 in front helps a ton.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

AFAIK, it was used on Heartwork by Carcass layered with a 5150 for the rhythm tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
                AFAIK, it was used on Heartwork by Carcass layered with a 5150 for the rhythm tone.
                I saw something about that - as I recall, Colin was just using it to fill in some type of upper EQ register set pretty low in the mix. I don't recall them saying the model of the amp though.

Comment

Working...
                X