Need some help with pro audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help with pro audio

Hey I’m building a small pro audio system and I’m planning on buying a Behringer MX882 Ultralink Pro to connect my power amplifiers together. I’m just wondering if the output signal of the mixer would be strong enough to use as a preamp or if I need to buy a preamp for my power amplifiers.

Re: Need some help with pro audio

A mixing console is also a preamp; you don't need anything else.

If you are planning to do shows with this I'm going to urge you in the strongest terms to steer clear of behringer. Their stuff is well designed and usually sounds ok out if the box but it us NOT roadworthy.

If that's your budget I recommend shopping used.

Comment

Ok, hold the phone. I was mistaken about which product we were referring to. Can you outline fir me what you're going to be using it for? That unit is pretty damn minimal. How are you planning on EQing stuff or controlling input gain?
      Last edited by 2ndhandband; 06-03-2017, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Thanks for fast reply! I'm only building a small system for personal use and this is the only mixer in my budget range that I can buy here in Norway. Shipping and customs charges would be too expensive if I’m going to buy from another country. Think I’m going to go with this then thank you for the help!

Comment

my plan was to play music from a PC right into the main input of the Behringer MX882 Ultralink Pro and use it to split the signal to two different power amplifiers.

Comment

Originally posted by OskarSiik View Post
            my plan was to play music from a PC right into the main input of the Behringer MX882 Ultralink Pro and use it to split the signal to two different power amplifiers.
            If its just for sound from PC why do you need a mixer at all? The whole point of a mixer is multiple inputs.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndhandband View Post
              If its just for sound from PC why do you need a mixer at all? The whole point of a mixer is multiple inputs.
              The Behringer MX882 Ultralink Pro can be used as a splitter or a mixer and I’m planning to use it as a splitter to split the signal to two different power amplifiers. However I can’t just split the signal from the PC because the signal is too weak to drive the power amplifiers so I was wondering if this would increase the signal strength enough to drive the amplifiers at their full potential. I’m pretty new to this field so feel free to tell me if there is a better way to solve this problem.

Comment

I'm sorry if maybe this is inappropriate but
                I use an XAir 18 Behringer and powered speakers

the Powered speakers take RCA ins and there is an adapter for that
                there is also an adaptor for the quarter inch ins on the PA

I chose the 18 because it would send all 18 channels back to the PC individually
                the 16 channel version only sends a stereo signal back down the USB

there is also a table top version with mostly quarter inch ins that is about $100 less

any line level signal will need to be sent back thru an amp

if you chose one of the Behringer USB Mixers
                you should be able to stream two channels back and mix them left and right
                with the mixer and out to a power amp then the unpowered speakers
                EHD
                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Small mixer w/ USB input and powered speakers.

Are you being a DJ or what?
                  Computerized backing for. solo gig?

How big of room???
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I explained it a little weird earlier English is not my main language. The thing I am trying to achieve is to get the sound from a computer to two different power amplifiers that drives some passive speakers. The problem is that I can’t split the signal right from the computer into the two power amplifiers because the signal is not strong enough for the amplifiers to amplify at their full poetical. So that’s where I’m wondering if it would help to add a splitter like the Behringer MX882 Ultralink Pro or a Phonic's A2800 2-in, 8-out distribution mixer to both divide the signal to the amplifiers and boost the signal that is coming from the pc going into the amplifiers.
                    I Think this setup would be kind of a DJ setup.

Comment

yea that would work
                      we just suggest you use the USB port to send the signal to an appropriately equipped mixer
                      then split it out to the power amps as you stated
                      EHD
                      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                        yea that would work
                        we just suggest you use the USB port to send the signal to an appropriately equipped mixer
                        then split it out to the power amps as you stated
                        I will look into that.
                        Thanks for all the help guys!

Comment

Working...
                        X