X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need some opinions

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
    I'm currently in tone heaven running an EL34 amp....That said;

DSL, 5150, 6505 - I could wake up and play the rev-it-up channel on any of those all day every day and be just fine. Features and such make the difference then.

I was not happy with the 1st channels on any of them for live use. At least not without hooking up some kind of more dirt and lead boost pedals.
    I did notice that the DSL crunch channel would need a boost. It's a really narrow margin, but I could probably be happy with either one stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been doing some poking around, did the 6534+ get discontinued? It's not available on most online stores now

Comment

Originally posted by punchlinechar View Post
        I've been doing some poking around, did the 6534+ get discontinued? It's not available on most online stores now
        New Old Stocks are probably running out. Now that they've moved production to China the whole amp-line has been streamlined down to the biggest selling models.

Probably should just look for "gently-used" anyways at this point IMO. Made-In-USA and a bit cheaper.
        Last edited by dave74; 06-09-2017, 03:23 AM.

Comment

So I'm hoping to get a tube combo sometime this year, either a Marshall DSL40CST or a 6505 combo. I'm definitely leaning more towards the Marshall, because I tend to prefer the sounds of EL34 vs 6L6 (in my limited experience). I was going to get a 5150III, but I realized that was way out of my price range.

My thing is, I like the sound of the 6534 head, so I was wondering if there was a way to put EL34s in the 6505+ combo?

There was Andertons blindfold test in Youtube, where Chapman mistook DSL40C for a modeler, because he thought the overdriven tone of the amp was just too perfectly smooth to be a real tube amp.
          "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
          Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

So I'm hoping to get a tube combo sometime this year, either a Marshall DSL40CST or a 6505 combo. I'm definitely leaning more towards the Marshall, because I tend to prefer the sounds of EL34 vs 6L6 (in my limited experience). I was going to get a 5150III, but I realized that was way out of my price range.

My thing is, I like the sound of the 6534 head, so I was wondering if there was a way to put EL34s in the 6505+ combo?

Afair the Bugera Infinium 6262 knockoff of the 6505+ is self-biasing and can take any tubes that'll fit
            "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
              There was Andertons blindfold test in Youtube, where Chapman mistook DSL40C for a modeler, because he thought the overdriven tone of the amp was just too perfectly smooth to be a real tube amp.
              Chappers is a ridiculous, ridiculous little man
              "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

I'm going with the DSL. It has better cleans, and the 5150 pedal can give me that sound if I need it. (Sorry for posting on this old thread, but I figured there should be a conclusion)

Comment

Working...
                X