Tried the Quilter 101H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried the Quilter 101H

Finally tried a quilter yesterday at a store. Amazing clean tones and seemed very powerful, especially given the size and weight (barely anything). I'm not usually a clean guy unless the amp speaks to me (like my roland) and this one definitely did make me want to play clean.

I wasn't impressed with the OD type sounds it offered (weak distortion, no crunch to speak of at all), but even this lower model had an effects loop and I could see running a preamp right into the effects return (or even into the main input) to use as a power amp.

This one: http://www.zzounds.com/productreview--QUI101H (one reviewer called it "dark and muddy," and I agree when trying to use it's onboard gain, but for cleans I think it's better than that description.
    Last edited by DankStar; 06-10-2017, 01:07 PM.

Re: Tried the Quilter 101H

Awesome amp. Power Stage is actually 200W limited to 100W by preamp stage. If you bypass it's preamp and use a preamp (I used a 12AX7 tube preamp) you have a screaming hot amp in a very small package. The tone is better than any other SS amp I have heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty.Rhoads View Post
      Awesome amp. Power Stage is actually 200W limited to 100W by preamp stage. If you bypass it's preamp and use a preamp (I used a 12AX7 tube preamp) you have a screaming hot amp in a very small package. The tone is better than any other SS amp I have heard.
      so if you bypass it, it's 200 watts? killer

Comment

I love the size of these small amps, just not the prices.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
          I could see running a preamp right into the effects return (or even into the main input) to use as a power amp.
          If you ever get that preamp you should try the ISP Stealth.
          Who took my guitar?

Comment

Working...
          X