Marshall DSL100h vs Fender Bassbreaker 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall DSL100h vs Fender Bassbreaker 15

I know the wattage is different, but I don't really care about that.
    I really want a valve head to run into a cab.
    I'm stuck between the Marshall and the bassbreaker. I only say the dsl100h for the Marshall beacuse the 15 has no effects loop and the 40 is only a combo.
    I'm looking for nirvana, Alice in chains all the way to dorje and modern heavy metal/ rock tone.
    Thanks!

Re: Marshall DSL100h vs Fender Bassbreaker 15

The dsl is very close to a JVM but with a more brittle high end. Personally I prefer the gain tone of the fender. Not a Mesa tone and not quite 5150, just awesome. And that's coming from someone who ****ing loves dorje. Depends on what era of dorje as well. Primordial/catalyst I'd go dsl. Centred and One stuff I'd go fender
    EBMM Monarchy Majesty 6 Purple (DiMarzio Sonic Ecstasies)
    Jackson Soloist AT Indigo Storm HT6 (BKP Juggernauts)
    Jackson Soloist Slime Green FR6 (Duncan Custom B/59B N)
    Fender MIM Fat Strat Sunburst (Stock)
    PRS Archon
    Line 6 Helix -> Powerstage

Comment

I'm not familiar with the music used as tone references, but if it is "heavy", then I think EL34s in a high headroom power section will serve you better than EL84s.

Comment

The bands you mentioned used polarly different amps. Nirvana used a lot of Fenders, AIC used JCM 800's. The DSL Ultra Gain channel is designed to emulate the JCM 900/800 which was the preferred amp of that era. You can also use the Nashville Clean channel on the DSL to get Fender tones. I think it would be harder to make a Fender sound like a Marshall than the other way around. Both are great amps and will give you a killer tone.

Comment

Working...
        X