Rockman Tone in 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rockman Tone in 2017

If anyone is interested, there is a wire that you can clip to get a 100% dry sound out of the X100. It is jumper wire W105. Clip-it, and install a switch to toggle between effects on/effects off.
    Last edited by 67Mopar; 05-08-2018, 01:01 PM.

Comment

I remember when I heard Painkiller (when it came out) the first time... specifically the title track.

The arpeggios during the pre-solo had me rolling on the floor laughing my ass off... I thought, "hey, when did Yngwie join JP?"

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
        I remember when I heard Painkiller (when it came out) the first time... specifically the title track.

The arpeggios during the pre-solo had me rolling on the floor laughing my ass off... I thought, "hey, when did Yngwie join JP?"
        Lol.
        Their playing really evolved over the course of their albums, didn’t it?

Comment

I think Tipton really started upping his game around the Defenders of the Faith tour; to hear him on Turbo was like hearing a new guitarist. Downing never went on the same journey, but was cool still. And they played Rockmans without sounding like Boston.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post

My cousin played this for me, which bummed-me-out, badly! The only thing worse than sweep arpeggio playing, is 'slap' bass playing. I do use arpeggios occasionally, but only when entering, middle, or exiting a progression. Never sweeping, staccato only. David Gilmour's "Time" triad arpeggios are a prime example of class and restraint.
            Last edited by 67Mopar; 05-09-2018, 12:16 PM.

Comment

If anyone is interested, I have my Rockman stage head listed on Reverb. I don't know if I can post a link here, so I will refrain from doing so. I don't really want to sell it, but I could use the money towards flooring.

Comment

From a forum policy point of view, I am sure it would be fine. I don't know how many people are still following this thread, though, and I probably won't be interested since I'm in Europe. But do indulge us for fun, if nothing else!

Comment

I've listed a few of the modules separately, but decided to try to keep them grouped as a head. I had the Sustainor sold, but the buyer wanted me to ship it to Singapore.
                  Last edited by 67Mopar; 05-11-2018, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Really cool! As said, I'm not in the market, but good luck with the sale!

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
                      Really cool! As said, I'm not in the market, but good luck with the sale!
                      Thanks! I also have a second delay for it as well, which is what is in it now. I like to have a short and long delay for emulating a multi-head tape echo.

Comment

Originally posted by 67Mopar View Post
                        My cousin played this for me, which bummed-me-out, badly! The only thing worse than sweep arpeggio playing, is 'slap' bass playing. I do use arpeggios occasionally, but only when entering, middle, or exiting a progression. Never sweeping, staccato only. David Gilmour's "Time" triad arpeggios are a prime example of class and restraint.
                        Class and restraint has its place. So does pure unadulterated over-the-top bad-@$$ery.

You'll hate this. Of course, you can't play it either.

This is technically and musically killer period. David Gilnour would tell you that.

Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                          Class and restraint has its place. So does pure unadulterated over-the-top bad-@$$ery.

You'll hate this. Of course, you can't play it either.

This is technically and musically killer period. David Gilnour would tell you that.
                          Yeah, Yngwie is bad-ass! I saw him at Jani Lane's back in the early 90's. Honestly, I enjoyed his Hendrix renditions most.
                          Last edited by 67Mopar; 05-16-2018, 01:46 PM.

Comment

I don't know if it's been mentioned but Jerry Cantrell's brutal "Dirt" tone is a combination of dual rectifier, bogner (fish iirc) and rockman headphone amp for treble texture. He's not the only one to combine the rockman sound for texture with real amps.

I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed at how closed-minded and elitist some people are acting here. People can like what they like. You not liking it doesn't make you better.
                            Last edited by El Dunco; 05-19-2018, 07:40 AM.
                            The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

I'll take the liberty of getting onto my high horse and say that a lot of things that are unabashedly 80s attract negative attention from certain types of people. I've learnt to live with it, but I don't quite get why they feel the need to comment, but hey, this thread lives whilst their threads fade…

Comment

I don't think the Cantrell has been mentioned, but I've heard something about it at some point, I am sure. In general, I suspect that this unit is present on a lot more than we are aware of.

Comment

Working...
                                X