Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rockman Tone in 2017

Originally posted by rbc View Post
    Here's a little Rockman tone for your holidays. Taylor Rhodes has put together a terrific video with his Rockman Sustainor. Make sure to share this one around. Here is "Rock the Halls":

Most excellent!

Comment

Whilst I object to Christmas music in November (and, honestly speaking, most Christmas music), that does indeed have THAT tone.

Comment

Here's a little Rockman tone for your holidays. Taylor Rhodes has put together a terrific video with his Rockman Sustainor. Make sure to share this one around. Here is "Rock the Halls":

"Taylor! Shut-off that wah pedal, now! It's giving everyone a headache!"

"It's not a wah pedal, ma... It's a Rockman!"

Comment

Solar Guitar Studio might be playing over Crazy Train though it sounds like the vocals are the only original part that isn't buried in the mix. One of the guitars is a Les Paul plugged into a Rockman XPR:

Last edited by rbc; 11-09-2018, 09:02 PM.

Comment

YouTube user jhkim01 covers "Peace of Mind" with his Rockman Distortion Generator:

Comment

Taylor Rhodes put together another video for the holiday season. It's called "I'll Rock Out For Christmas". All the guitar and bass tracks were recorded through his Rockman Sustainor. Here's the video:

Comment

YouTube user EdWinds put together this demonstration of the Rockman Sustainor and Chorus/Delay units:

Comment

Here's something I just found on YouTube tonight. It's a custom integration of a Rockman X-100 Headphone amplifier into a pedal:

Comment

Taylor Rhodes has published another holiday tune, "Shred King Wenceslas". The different parts were recorded through a Rockman Sustainor, X100 and a Distortion Generator directly into Logic:

Comment

Taylor Rhodes has published another holiday tune, "Shred King Wenceslas". The different parts were recorded through a Rockman Sustainor, X100 and a Distortion Generator directly into Logic:
                      The distorted tone is obviously the Rockman... is that what's making the clean tone so sterile and generic as well?
                      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                        Earlier in the thread, I probably posted about disliking the Rockman tone. Oddly, I kind of want one now.
                        The latest examples have convinced me my first thought was correct.
                        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                          The distorted tone is obviously the Rockman... is that what's making the clean tone so sterile and generic as well?
                          I'm guessing, but if that part doesn't have any effects I'll speculate that it might be his Sustainor on CLN or CLN2. The X100 effects can't be turned off so you might hear chorus or echo out of his X100. The Distortion Generator doesn't do clean, unless you use the auto-clean. I don't have any idea what he did in Logic to post-process the Rockman gear.

Comment

I'm guessing, but if that part doesn't have any effects I'll speculate that it might be his Sustainor on CLN or CLN2. The X100 effects can't be turned off so you might hear chorus or echo out of his X100. The Distortion Generator doesn't do clean, unless you use the auto-clean. I don't have any idea what he did in Logic to post-process the Rockman gear.
                            Whatever it is, I'm not a fan. His playing isn't bad, but the overall production of everything sounds awful.

Comment

Good God - would someone call Tom Scholz!!!!!

He really needs to see this...
                              Originally posted by Bad City
                              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I may have to do a quick demo clip of some of my Rockmodules (the Sustainor 1.0, Stereo Chorus, Stereo Delay in particular) going "straight in to the console"...

Comment

Working...
                                X