Rack case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rack case

I have the 12U shallow rack from OSP (currently listed as out of stock on their site) and they have several other options for 12U too. I specifically wanted a shallow shockmount rack and this one fit the bill perfectly....

OSP has been making flight cases for the audio and entertainment industry for well over a decade, committed to providing quality gear at an affordable price.

Check the depth of your rack gear, you may be able to get away with the shallow rack too like I did, which cuts down weight. Although thinking of weight went out the window when I stuck a VHT 2150 in the bottom of my rack lol.
    www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

I am doing a similar rack build with a G system, but with a separate head.

Mine is gonna use a 6 space rack built to fit under/ over my cab. A half space wireless and a half space Bbe maximixer give me one extra space.

I have thrown around the idea of a power amp and preamp, maybe in a second rack, but my head has midi for channel switching and boost so I'm hanging onto it for now.

Comment

Originally posted by XSSIVE View Post
        I have the 12U shallow rack from OSP (currently listed as out of stock on their site) and they have several other options for 12U too. I specifically wanted a shallow shockmount rack and this one fit the bill perfectly....

OSP has been making flight cases for the audio and entertainment industry for well over a decade, committed to providing quality gear at an affordable price.

Check the depth of your rack gear, you may be able to get away with the shallow rack too like I did, which cuts down weight. Although thinking of weight went out the window when I stuck a VHT 2150 in the bottom of my rack lol.
        The MP-1 doesn't conform to the shallow rack design.
        Originally posted by Brown Note
        I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
        My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
          This sounds wise, but if I were to make a rig like this I think I would juggle a little bit with the sizes of the respective units. The Sonic Maximizer has one task, viz., to provide a little extra sizzle to the power amp, to get it closer to an EL34 driven rig. If these were put in a 4U case (and the rest in a separate case) they could be replaced if I ever wanted to dig out the tube power amp. It would also minimize the cable clutter: two power cables and two audio cables between the boxes would be all that was needed.

Thanks for inducing me to think in this direction, though! It might be a good solution, even if it means slightly more cable clutter (but far less than with a pedal board, still).

Another (possible?) option regarding the cable situation is to fit each case with a "switchboard" type of thing on the inside wall that has an external/recessed connector similar to a snake. If each component is always connected to the switchboard, then you only have one cable to plug in to connect them to each other.
          Originally posted by Brown Note
          I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
          My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            You can buy/make cable looms which really help on the cable clutter. I use them for my guitar synth/looping rig. Not only does it look better, it is a lot faster to set up.
            Yes, I have definitely planned to do something like that. I wonder if is possible to use them as extra insulation too, since rack rigs are prone to extra noise?

Comment

I've never noticed extra noise from my rack units, but the most I've ever used was a full 6 space with a loom going to my midi pedal, and another one going to a mixer. I used pretty good cables, though.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
              X