NAD: Marshall Combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD: Marshall Combo

Just picked up this Marshall JTM 60 1x12 for a good deal. I was looking for a cheap tube amp for practice purposes and occasional jam sessions with a loud drummer. My only complaint is, this thing has like no low end whatsoever. Is that normal for these types of combos? The speaker is a Celestion G12T-75

Re: NAD: Marshall Combo

I have one cab with celestion g 12 t 75 and have lot of low end

Enviado do meu SM-G935F através de Tapatalk

Comment

An open back combo won't have the same sort of low end as a stack. It'll matter less with a drummer and bass player, but you may want to look into an extension cabinet or converting it into a head.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Wish I could call that cheap lol. Those are like $500-600 around these parts usually.

That was the amp I wanted and instead ended up with a JTM30 thinking it was just a smaller version of the big boy. But alas the 30 is a lot buzzier/weirder with palm mutes and the 60 was perfection to me.

I know with my JTM30 it benefited from a nice biasing (they came from the factory way outta wack). The tech (Andy Brauer) was also saying those little guys usually need all the screws tightened up after awhile.
        Last edited by DankStar; 08-01-2017, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
          Wish I could call that cheap lol. Those are like $500-600 around these parts usually.

That was the amp I wanted and instead ended up with a JTM30 thinking it was just a smaller version of the big boy. But alas the 30 is a lot buzzier/weirder with palm mutes and the 60 was perfection to me.

I know with my JTM30 it benefited from a nice biasing (they came from the factory way outta wack). The tech (Andy Brauer) was also saying those little guys usually need all the screws tightened up after awhile.
          Ehhh this amp is alright. I ended up swapping the tubes to winged c's and it really opened up. I'm just using to to practice in my apartment. I have a Marshall JVM for real shows. The bias adjustment is super difficult, will have to take to a tech unfortunately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I remember playing those- they gave a nice Black Crowes marshall Jubilee tone

Comment

Just be sure to leave some space between the amp and the wall, that model amp has been known to have issues with overheating
              sigpic
              Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

Working...
              X