Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp Recommendations :)

Hi guys,

I currently have a Mustang III V2 and was thinking about upgrading to a different amp.

Factors to Consider:
    --I like to play clean and on the edge of breakup.
    --The amp needs to have headphone capability since I live in an apartment with paper thin walls.
    --I gig occasionally so I need it to be reliable, not weigh too much, and be able to sound good without being crazy loud.
    --A footswitch to switch between channels would be cool, as well as a built in reverb.

Should I go solid state or tube for my budget (~$650 max)? Any amp recommendations?

Any input would be appreciated

Re: Amp Recommendations

Check the "intheblues" youtube channel, the guy has used the Mustag iii v2 a lot and he recently tried the new Boss Katana with great results and he claims it is a light amp.
    Who took my guitar?

Comment

whats wrong with the mustang
      EHD
      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I think you already have the amp that meets the listed requirements and does so well. I'm not aware of any tube amps that have headphone capabilities, but I could be wrong about that.

I've played with two different guys live, that use that same amp with excellent results. So, an 'upgrade' meeting your criteria....probably not. A different amp because you have 'GAS', now that's something I wouldn't advise against. You might check out the Roland Blues Cube Hot. It's w/in your budget, is light, has a wide range of tone (fm clean to quite crunchy), reverb, and a power knob to lower the output to 1/2 watt. It however, is a single channel amp, but with an optional footswitch can activate a 'boost' and a 'tone' change. Listen.

Comment

Yea I guess i do have GAS lmao. I guess I'll stick with the mustang since it has served me well so far. Thanks

Comment

Take a look @ Bugera.

Comment

Hearing a lot of great things about the Katana 100. Haven't had the opportunity to try one in person yet but the reviews and videos are really promising (....as usual). Great value for $350.00 and under. Fighting the urge to grab the 100W head myself but hear the 100W combos sound great with the stock speaker also.
               "Originally Posted by Aceman 

I shall allow this GAS bubble pass, a mere fart in time. 

Thank you for all the advice, cheers, and jeers. This was a tough one."

Comment

Working...
              X