banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Convertible Modules: I'm looking of knowledge. ModuleDescriptions,Sound tweaking, ect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convertible Modules: I'm looking of knowledge. ModuleDescriptions,Sound tweaking, ect

I'm looking for knowledge and info. Module Descriptions, Sound tweaking, ect. I just purchased a Convertible 100 on Ebay. It has hi gain Hybrid, higain normal, low cut normal, presence and classic modules. I'm using it for a Harp for rock/blues. Help.
    Last edited by saxmo; 08-01-2017, 07:42 PM. Reason: typing error correction

Re: Convertible Modules: I'm looking of knowledge. ModuleDescriptions,Sound tweaking,

Welcome to the forum!

There isn't a ton of discussion about the Convertible amps on here, so we certainly need more. There are people here who own them, some who love them, and some who hate them. Hang tight and someone who has tried several of the modules will make their way in here. What kind of knowledge and info are you looking for?
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Re: Convertible Modules: I'm looking of knowledge. ModuleDescriptions,Sound tweaking,

In particular:I'm a Harp player. I'd like any descriptions of modules as they work in either clean or lead channel, including order of placement. Also, any recommendations re: 12ax7 replacement. Should they be matched? Or, do certain iterations sound better in certain modules. I'm looking for a fat bottom, sweet highs, and crunchy tongue slaps. I use Harp Delay and HarpBreak OD in the Primary input. SubnUp thru the Effects loop.

Comment

I've only used one for guitar.

You'll just have to experiment on your own to see what works. You're lucky...you have a good assortment of modules.

Bill
        When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Yeah, I was under the impression that many modules were hard to find these days. If you discover a particularly good combination, though...let us know. Not many people here have even seen one of those amps in person, much less owned one.

Comment

I have just found an amazing resource that not only had a pdf of the original owners manual, but schematics to build modules and hand off to techs. it is
            http://el34world.com/index.html.

Comment

The direct link is here.

Comment

Working...
              X