Anybody know what this amp is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know what this amp is?

A friend texted me the pic and I sure don't recognize it.
    Boutique? Some beefed-up version of an old two-knob circuit?
    Custom? Maybe a couple of units mounted in one case?

Looks to me as if the cables to the left are coming out of the head box, and the silver thing up top might or might not be an antenna.

"You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Re: Anybody know what this amp is?

Looks like an old video. The "silver thing" could be part of the background set dressing.

Wondering if it's a Theramin.
    Originally posted by Brown Note
    I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
    My Blog

Comment

It's not likely a commercial product and is most likely a gut job. Somebody probably dumpster dove to find that, thought it looked neat, and then converted it to a guitar amp. It most likely is just the shell of a theremin an old radio, or piece of test equipment.

Comment

That's the new Axe-FX III.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
          That's the new Axe-FX III.

Not just any, it the axe fx 3 retro model. Much like Ada's release of the mp1 classic. This one is designed with a minimalists approach and 50's/60's kitsch but ready to deliver your favorite tones from Buddy Holly to 70's 8 track fist pumpers.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Voltage View Post
            Not just any, it the axe fx 3 retro model. Much like Ada's release of the mp1 classic. This one is designed with a minimalists approach and 50's/60's kitsch but ready to deliver your favorite tones from Buddy Holly to 70's 8 track fist pumpers.
            And it has a single voltage-starved 12AX7/ECC83 in the preamp... and an LED clipper.

Comment

Working...
            X