Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positionning V30/G12T75 pair : X pattern vs bottom/top

Hi guys !

I'm about to try the V30/G12T75 thing in a Marshall 4*12 1960A cab.

Obviously, I know about this X pattern thing and that's what I'm aiming to do.

Having said that, I wonder how other options would work ?

I guess having G12T75 on bottom and V30 on top would make the G12T with their 97db efficiency, almost unheard right ? (maybe their bass response would be felt though and I prefer the V30 between the 2).

To put both V30 on bottom with G12T on top, might make them really balanced volume wise I guess and maybe would cut some possible "boomy" bass frequencies.

If you put both V30 on one side and both G12T on the other side, not working I guess.

So basically, I'd like to know, when you mix those 2 types, why the X pattern seem to be the way to go for the entire world or so ??????? ahah!

Re: Positionning V30/G12T75 pair : X pattern vs bottom/top

Either way you look at it, the x pattern is one of each on the top and bottom.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

Because it gives the best balance between all speakers. V30's are gunna dominate either way but putting them on the bottom would help a bit.
      TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

As you say, X-Pattern is exceedingly popular now. Probably so you have a blend aimed up at you and a blend aimed out. That being said, Friedman does V30 on the bottom, G12M on the top.

Really you'll probably have to try it a few ways to see what you like best.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I'd put the V30s on top since I wouldn't want to hear the G12T-75s.
          || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Once again, if you put both of the same kind speaker in either the top or bottom, or both on either one side or another, they are not in an X pattern. Just want to clarify that.

Comment

Originally posted by some_dude View Post
              I'd put the V30s on top since I wouldn't want to hear the G12T-75s.
              I tried that when I had V30's and T75's in my 1960A. It felt like sound was blasting off the V30's and there was nothing below, lol.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Speakers.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	5801206

Then again, I didn't want to put the T75's on top for exactly the same reason as you.
              Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 08-11-2017, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Which is why the X pattern is used. One of each on the top and bottom with the same type of speaker oriented diagonally to each other.

Comment

Yeah I'll try first the X pattern, and that way I could also get a taste of what it is to have V30top/G12Tbottom and vice versa when using only one side of the cab in stereo.

Comment

Working...
                  X