Which is the + wire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is the + wire?

I cut my speaker cable and attached crimps to it so I can use an attenuator for my combo. Which is the positive wire?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1268.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	5845096Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1269.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	5845097

Re: Which is the + wire?

id assume the red wire goes to the tip of the jack but you can test that with a meter. i always test these things with an old 9v battery, like 5v instead of 9v, ive heard you can hurt your speaker with a strong 9v but it hasnt ever happened in my case. i want the + on the contact that makes it play forward. attach the spade connectors to the speaker and see which way the + battery terminal makes the speaker move forward. its easiest to tell by having a hand touching the cone lightly

Comment

yep, should be the red
      I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Looks like the red since it is going to the center, the - is probably connected to the outside shell, so you could check that with an ohmmeter.

Comment

Working...
        X