banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to the Cameron Amps????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to the Cameron Amps????????

hi guys why mark cameron dont have a oficial site for the amps? and why is it so hard to find information on the internet? he retired ? i need more info for the cameron atomica please thanks a lot

Re: What happened to the Cameron Amps????????

Originally posted by maestroberetta View Post
    hi guys why mark cameron dont have a oficial site for the amps? and why is it so hard to find information on the internet? he retired ? i need more info for the cameron atomica please thanks a lot
    It's a really complicated convoluted story. In the end there were a lot of odd turns and drama - buy outs, jail time etc... Real Jerry Springer type entertainment.

Mark Cameron still mods amps under the table, but he doesn't or hasn't manufactured anything under the Cameron Moniker for a while, nor will he likely. Mark was bought of his stake in the company by Friedman and co. Part of the agreement apparently was that he couldn't manufacture or mod commercially for X amount of years. Or so it has been told.

Comment

I also heard there was drugs involved and taking money/amps and not performing the mods/builds.
      A friend of mine has the #13 (I believe) Atomica.

Comment

so today it is almost impossible to find an atomica amp ? i have one question the atomica is hot modded marshall with the jose arrendondo mod like a friedman be100 ?

Comment

Hey Guys, Started a new thread to try to keep you guys updated as to what is going on with the Cameron deal. I did in fact speak with Mark tonight. He is agreeable to letting me take over the whole operation and trying to sort it out. I made no promises but said I would speak with the maker...
          Originally posted by Gearjoneser
          Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Comment

so today it is almost impossible to find an atomica amp ? i have one question the atomica is hot modded marshall with the jose arrendondo mod like a friedman be100 ?
            Not quite. The original atomica was a Marshall with the name plate removed and spray painted "atomica" among quite a few, that came from Jose's estate and were sold to a music store Mark worked at at the time. It was modded by Jose, but it wasnt the same Jose solid state clipping fare that both Cameron and Friedman are best known for. Jose did more than just that type of mod by the way. Most of the Cameron branded Atomica's were built by Friedman after the acquisition, and are just the same diode clipping Jose mods everybody under the sun is reproducing and making whole amp companies out of. Cameron never relinquished the real circuit after the acquisition, nor did he for the CCV or the ccm.

The real atomica circuit is some only a handful of people know. Cameron being one. He will give you the real atomica circuit, but many are uneasy dealing with him after all that chaos.
            Last edited by Joey Voltage; 09-04-2017, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Yeah but it got really weird after that. Brad now serving jail time.

Comment

Brad got out last year. Jail was for domestic stuff with his GF.

The Cameron saga with its drama is not worth the price of admission.

10's of Thousands of good amps from reputable companies to choose from.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post
                  Brad got out last year. Jail was for domestic stuff with his GF.
                  Was it really his GF though? He had a wife and kids, rumor was that it was a call girl he was obsessed with, and even after the initial incident that got him arrested for harassment and having an unlicensed firearm he apparent used to force the subject into his car, he still stalked the person and followed them on to a boat or something stupud like that. He was then arrested again for violating the retaining order that was granted after the first incident.

I wasn't actually too close to all that drama, and I stay clear away from places like "Big Talk", personally think Rig Talk, or "Big Talk" as I call it, is worse than mid 2000's HCAF, if that's even possible. Maybe some one else has a better grasp on what happened, but that was my understanding of the situation.
                  Last edited by Joey Voltage; 09-05-2017, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Surreal Amplification sells the Atomica also. It looks like they've rebranded it as the AKA 100. Per Jerry, he used to ghost build for Mark when Cameron Amps was up and running. Mark still tweaked every amp by ear to get the desired tone due to part tolerance variances.

http://www.surrealamplification.com/aka-100.php

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Voltage View Post
                      Was it really his GF though? He had a wife and kids, rumor was that it was a call girl he was obsessed with, and even after the initial incident that got him arrested for harassment and having an unlicensed firearm he apparent used to force the subject into his car, he still stalked the person and followed them on to a boat or something stupud like that. He was then arrested again for violating the retaining order that was granted after the first incident.

I wasn't actually too close to all that drama, and I stay clear away from places like "Big Talk", personally think Rig Talk, or "Big Talk" as I call it, is worse than mid 2000's HCAF, if that's even possible. Maybe some one else has a better grasp on what happened, but that was my understanding of the situation.
                      This is pretty much the story as a heard it as well...the only part I was unfamiliar with is the boat part.

Comment

Does anyone know the specs of atomica? like a gain mode 1, gain mode 2 , gain mode 3 ?

Comment

Does anyone know the specs of atomica? like a gain mode 1, gain mode 2 , gain mode 3 ?
                          Yes, Mark Cameron. I would ask him. Jerry dyer might know too as suggested above.
                          Last edited by Joey Voltage; 09-05-2017, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                            This is pretty much the story as a heard it as well...the only part I was unfamiliar with is the boat part.
                            Yeah, it was a party on a cruise ship or something close to that. whatever it was, it's pretty crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Voltage View Post

Yes it involved the firearm & holding someone/threats against their will or something, you know more than me.

Rigtalk is a pretty hateful place, there is no moderation its just a free for all of BS. It was bought by a French Company go figure.

Its the same ole cock rock hacks stuck in 80's land ...

Comment

Working...
                              X