MIDI for your amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MIDI for your amp

MIDI, individual switch jacks, either is fine for me as they both can be controlled with the right hardware today. (GCX or Mini Amp Gizmo for MIDI -> CTRL jacks) Boss ES-8 is so unbelievable for pedal users. Ground Control and GCX/Hex is amazing for rack users. Both can control a fleet of effects amps and basically anything else you'd put in a guitar rig.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Owner of a H&K Grandmeister 40 Deluxe here. MIDI was, along with the amp sounds, what sold me on it, since every parameter minus Master Volume is MIDI controllable.
      Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

My main amp is a JSX too, but I just don't use enough effects to justify using the midi. I have the 210H because I like the simpler, less cluttered front panel.
        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

I have a rack setup which I used to use for effects with a behringer 1010 board. Lately I have been exploring a Tce nova system and G system for control of my carvin v3 heads.

The nova system can control the channels but is limited beyond that. The G system can do everything I ask it too, plus I have an elektron drive and nova drive that run on midi as well. Even my bogner pedals can be remotely turned on. If only my palladium gain stage had settings, remote or midi it would be way more useful.

I still have a regular pedal board and non midi amp for my non cover band, but that may change.

Comment

I use midi to control my guitar synth/looping rig, but the conventional amp rig doesn't use it. I don't use midi on the Fractal AX8 rig, either.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
            X