Frenzel Amps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frenzel Amps?

I have come across an amp maker, Frenzel Amps, and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them? The product looks good, and at a really good price. But its just cheap enough to make me question the quality of the amps. Most of the info I can find online about them gives a good impression, but most of it is several years old. I would love to support a family owned business, but it almost looks too good to be true.

Re: Frenzel Amps?

Yeah a frenzel hbxac15 was my main up from 2009 till last week when I bought a ceriatone stray cat. It's a great amp kind of marshall meets ac15. It was on the roof of a car and fell off travelling at 10km around a corner and I just had to replace the fuse and rectifier tube, so they are tougher then any other amp I've worked woth (steel cage version). They are inspired by classic designs but take liberty by adding features. The nnf switch is a great addition as well.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Gondola Kid
    Bandcamp
    Facebook
    JimijaymesGuitarist
    Youtube

Comment

Also check out any of my YouTube videos bar a few early ones to hear the amp. Some use the line out (with cab Sims) most are a miked up cab.

Gondola Kid
      Bandcamp
      Facebook
      JimijaymesGuitarist
      Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by James Rock View Post
        Yeah a frenzel hbxac15 was my main up from 2009 till last week when I bought a ceriatone stray cat. It's a great amp kind of marshall meets ac15. It was on the roof of a car and fell off travelling at 10km around a corner and I just had to replace the fuse and rectifier tube, so they are tougher then any other amp I've worked woth (steel cage version). They are inspired by classic designs but take liberty by adding features. The nnf switch is a great addition as well.

Good to know, glad to hear that the amps can take a beating. Every clip I have heard sounds good, so I may just have to give them a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by jimman View Post
          Good to know, glad to hear that the amps can take a beating. Every clip I have heard sounds good, so I may just have to give them a shot.
          I really want their JCM800 dual channel preamp I think you can get custom voicing but stock it's a bassman clean and 800 gain obviously with its own tweaks but it's 249 in a 2ru rack which for a tube preamp is amazing price.

Gondola Kid
          Bandcamp
          Facebook
          JimijaymesGuitarist
          Youtube

Comment

I really want their JCM800 dual channel preamp I think you can get custom voicing but stock it's a bassman clean and 800 gain obviously with its own tweaks but it's 249 in a 2ru rack which for a tube preamp is amazing price.

Also have a sale on amps including their flagship plexi deluxe 525

Gondola Kid
            Bandcamp
            Facebook
            JimijaymesGuitarist
            Youtube

Comment

I have had a Frenzel Tube Amp model FM 763SVR for more than 2 years now and I am completely happy with it. You can use many differant kinds of tubes in it to get a very custom sound and I have changed them a lot , but not lately because for my taste it sounds perfect. I recommend taking a good look at their website as they make many differant amps to cover just about anyones personal taste. They can build just about anything you want.

As of 17 July 2020 I have had this amp for 5 years and there have been no problems and it still sounds great.
              Last edited by dbazille1970; 08-01-2020, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Wow that’s a great deal & something I’d get too. They need to do more marketing. Not sure I ever heard of them.

Comment

These folks also build high fidelity stereo amps to run in a system. And there are amplifier options. And one stood out:

MUSICAL INSTRUMENT PREAMP - standard 1/4" jacks installed on front panel as AUX2 inputs which allows you to use with guitar, bass, keyboard, etc. Preamps can be wired for Fender, Marshall or VOX type inputs. Add $105.00.
                  That is not dead which can eternal lie,
                  And with strange aeons even death may die.

Comment

Working...
                  X