Repainting cabinet corners???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repainting cabinet corners???

In the process of cleaning up an old amp and decided I might as well repaint the corners while i'm at it since the paint on them is flaking off and some of them have rust. Anyways, I was wondering if any one around here has any tips for getting them looking good. Do I just use steel wool or a wire brush and some spray paint or do I go all out and talk to the powder coating place or see if my local auto body repair shop will paint them for me?

Re: Repainting cabinet corners???

If it is a must I would hit them with a rattle can. New corners typically make a cab look a lot better and are relatively cheap. What kind of amp is it?

Comment

It's a Peavey VTM 60. After I got the head cab cleaned up I know it will drive me nuts if I just put some rusted, flaking corners back on it.

Comment

If you want shiny chrome
        Buff them to a sheen and spray clear lacquer on them

Several thin coats of rattle can gloss will work

Or you could go with truck bed liner from Home Depot
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by bearded madman View Post
          It's a Peavey VTM 60. After I got the head cab cleaned up I know it will drive me nuts if I just put some rusted, flaking corners back on it.
          So I am guessing they are painted metal. I would let them sit in some kind of stripper or CLR overnight. The finish should wipe off effortlessly. Dry them off thoroughly and hit them with rattle can car primer. Wait a day or two and hit them a couple of times with rattle can black.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	dirtyvtm1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	5801900

Yeah, they are made of metal. Here is a pic of the cab dirty and clean

Click image for larger version

Name:	cleanvtm2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	5801901

Comment

Working...
            X