EVH 5150-3 50 Watt Head Fuse(s) Location And Types

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVH 5150-3 50 Watt Head Fuse(s) Location And Types

Anybody here know if the EVH 5150-3 50 watt heads have fuse(s) on the power tube pcb boards and/or elsewhere inside the amps chassis,and if so where are they located ? Also the fuse value(s) and size(s).,like F4AL 250V---5mm-20-mm etc,and if they are fast or slow burn..I have a brand new 50 watt head and not sure if I should pull chassis out due to warranty concerns to look for the fuse(s)? Any information greatly appreciated,I like to keep spares fuses on hand in case of any problems.

Re: EVH 5150-3 50 Watt Head Fuse(s) Location And Types

Hi there, I just bought the evh 50 watt but unfortunately the fuse blew while turning on at the first run and I had it replaced with another but still the same. It gives a short hum( I guess the transformer ) and then powers off. Sorry for going off topic but I thought since the thread is about fuse, why not!! Please help!!

Comment

Pull all the tubes and replace the fuse with the proper type and value. Then switch on. If it doesn't blow the fuse with no tubes in it, it is likely a faulty tube. If it still blows the fuse, and the fuse is the correct type, then it is likely not a tube.

Tube amps must use slow blow type fuses. A fast blow fuse will likely blow even with nothing wrong with the amp itself or one of the tubes.

Is it the mains fuse, or the HT fuse? Does it blow when the main power is switched on, or when the standby switch is switched?

Comment

Might find some help here - http://evhgear.com/support/

Comment

Working...
        X