banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what’s the best of the 15 watt/20 watt heads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So what’s the best of the 15 watt/20 watt heads?

And the Friedman pink taco is just pure rock, but it is an expensive little thing.
    "My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my guitars for what I told her they cost" -Anonymous

Main Gear:
    Orange Rockerverb MKIII 50w
    Orange ppc212 open back cabinet
    Jackson dx10d
    DOD preamp 250 Overdrive
    MXR Carbon Copy
    MXR Phase 90 (EVH Version)

Comment

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post
      From what I’ve read, the Jet City’s do seem like a great amp at a great price.
      Sorry, musta missed it...wuz up with the AC30?

Comment

Originally posted by justFred View Post
        Sorry, musta missed it...wuz up with the AC30?

Hasn’t arrived yet.
        “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post
          From what I’ve read, the Jet City’s do seem like a great amp at a great price.
          These amps are great; I bought a standard 22H when Guitar Center was blowing them out for $279 about a year ago. I was somewhat GASing for a Mini Recto at the time, but the 22H completely killed it. The Recto has better cleans, but the 22H sounds like a JCM800 on the crunch side and a mini SLO on the lead. My Mini and full size Marshall Jubilees have British tones pretty well covered, so I only pull out the Jet City when I want to play metal or when I want to record leads without a pedal.

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
          Because of you, I now have to go to check that JCA22H that I saw on sale yesterday...
          If that used 22H is priced right, go for it.
          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
          And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
            Few
            1- Zinky 25 watt Blue velvet head is just a BEAST but good luck finding one!!
            2- Best bang for the $ Jet City JCA 22C the Custom voiced by Martin Kid is just a bad boy and right now Musicians friend is running them at $299 SHIPPED!!
            3- Soldano Atomic 16 watts of badass!
            My top 3!
            Not to hijack the thread but I just ordered the JCA Custom 22 Martin Kidd yesterday morning,shipped late last night..Jonesing ! I had the EVH 5150 LBX 15 1st version,loved it,plenty of gain on both channels but the lesser gain Blue Channel didn't do clean too well,but lots of these 2nd hand around,nice effects loop too.

Comment

Ceriatone son of yeti or jcm22 imho
              Please visit and share my guitar gear & DIY Blog
              WWW.BACKLINE.TK

Non Biased General Guitar forum
              http://fret.boards.net

Comment

Working...
              X