banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we have 1 day without rage on the forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we have 1 day without rage on the forum?

Maybe,,,,just not this one!
    I've been procrastinating on a toy amp for awhile now.

Considered the VIP1, but this was about $30 cheaper and will match well with my pawnshop Metalcore for short sessions, super-quiet, and drag-wherever playing. This amp will also spare my tubes from those silly 15-20min quick jams that I often feel like but don't just for that reason. Playing unplugged is OK too, but with heaters and fans running I feel playing unplugged often can lead to sloppiness when I do plug-in. Plus I already know I like the low-volume tone of a cheap little ss peavey and a boss distortion pedal (about any of them actually).

$85 (after discount) on back-order at MF

Re: Can we have 1 day without rage on the forum?

There’s nothing wrong with that amp. It has its purpose (meaning not for gigs) and will last forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The VOX AC10 is a cool little amp as well. Not too expensive and it sounds great! It's not the same as the all tube originals, of course, but a worthy amp.

Comment

I had this one:

I hated that amp. Lol I guess it was a decent clean but the distortion channel was horrible and the clean channel really didn’t sound good with pedals. Are the newer ones better?
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Probably about the same.
          New ones have the gain-voicing options but I'm sure I'll just hit it with the Metalcore anyways.

I used to have a tiny little crate amp I used with a Metalzone, and even that sounded good at low TV-level volume IMO.

Also I have a couple different models of nice headphones. (shure and beyer770)
          Last edited by dave74; 12-30-2017, 10:17 PM.

Comment

However, it should be forbidden to put pictures of tubes on a 100% ss-amp!
            As if one emblem wasn't misleading enough they also had to place that screw-on tube emblem at the bottom.
            I'll get my screwdriver ready. lol
            Last edited by dave74; 12-31-2017, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Trying to look Macho, common you can do a better job than that.
                      If learning isn't difficult at times you're not learning.

RocknRoll will never die ( I wont let it! )

Comment

More rage ...

Comment

I've used them before...the clean channel is actually not bad. I had a Bandit from the earlier series, and the gain channel wasn't awful, but I used it just for the clean channel as well. I liked it bette than the more current (but smaller) VIP 1 I have now.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Godin15 View Post
                            Trying to look Macho, common you can do a better job than that.
                            Peavy Wagner (the big dude in the middle) just kinda looks like he rides the short bus ...

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                              I've used them before...the clean channel is actually not bad. I had a Bandit from the earlier series, and the gain channel wasn't awful, but I used it just for the clean channel as well. I liked it bette than the more current (but smaller) VIP 1 I have now.
                              The VIP probably would end up playing me more than me playing the guitar lol. I do really like the ported-back design though.

I also looked at the small Fender Champs but they don't even have a mid control (that's just craziness),,,,,,,,and the newer small Marshall MGs are closed-back, which I like on bigger cabs but not with small combos and/or small speakers for low-volume. The older open-back MGs sound better IMO, especially with a pedal but Craigslist has been really crappy in this area lately, nothing but junked-out cheaps and everyone wanting waaay too much for what they have,,,,,,,,,, and then with reverb/ebay anything you can save on a small used amp gets eaten back up by the shipping.
                              It's a rabbit-hole, especially with solid-states because it's never much more $ to go up to the next size or quality level.

Comment

Working...
                              X