EVH 5150 LBX and Vintage 30 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EVH 5150 LBX and Vintage 30 question

Jeezus, stiff mids and tight bottom. That's what every metal head wishes their cab would sound like out of the box!!! Well, until it loosens up to no mids and tight bottom...

Comment

Don't EVH cabs have Greenbacks or at least something in the same ball park? Maybe you can try a cab with greenbacks or buy a greenback-like like speaker to try in your current cab.
      Who took my guitar?

Comment

Hey, this tread is not much current interest to me anymore, but it doesn't hurt whomever likes to share their ideas, of course, There are very few 112 and 212 greenback cabs, probably due to power handling considerations. Nothing I see that is both reasonably priced and good quality. I surely would get the EVH 412 if I could afford, but whether that suits my apartment situation is doubtful. When I say greenbacks I mean M Greenbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post
          Don't EVH cabs have Greenbacks or at least something in the same ball park? Maybe you can try a cab with greenbacks or buy a greenback-like like speaker to try in your current cab.
          MIUK Greenbacks with an EVH sticker slapped onto the back. And a lower price tag.

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
          --------------------------------------------------------
          1973 Aria 551
          1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
          1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
          1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
          1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
          1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
          2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

Originally posted by Van Noord View Post
            Don't discount Chinese Celestions. They use the same tooling as UK ones to make them. They may sound different in some aspects, but they do not sound poor. They are still more desirable than American made Eminence speakers on the used market.

FWIW, I owned the EVH 2x12 cabinet with my JVM and that cabinet sounded terrible. The cabinet dimensions are too small and the 70th Anniversary speakers were incredibly bright and beamy with any volume above bedroom levels.
            Not only was everything moved to the China plant, but Celestion still uses the same parts. The only difference is where the speaker is assembled. Fun fact, the China plant has always had a lower defect rate than the UK plant.

Scumbacks are an excellent choice as well.
            -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
            “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

at bedroom levels especially they tend to do that harsh fizzy thing. make sure ur on the lowest watt setting.
              EBMM Monarchy Majesty 6 Purple (DiMarzio Sonic Ecstasies)
              Jackson Soloist AT Indigo Storm HT6 (BKP Juggernauts)
              Jackson Soloist Slime Green FR6 (Duncan Custom B/59B N)
              Fender MIM Fat Strat Sunburst (Stock)
              PRS Archon
              Line 6 Helix -> Powerstage

Comment

Working...
              X