Bugera V22 or Blackstar HT50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugera V22 or Blackstar HT50

I’m looking at starting the journey to save up for a new amp. I have played on the Bugera V22 at the church a few times and love the way it takes pedals. I have never used the black star. Can I get some input on these two? Whether you use one or the other or both. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic"Praise HIM with the Strings" Psalms 150:4

Re: Bugera V22 or Blackstar HT50

I’ve never played the Bugera but I did own a Blackstar HT Club 40. Once the honeymoon passed I got rid of the Blackstar. I bought the Blackstar because it was $100 cheaper than the Marshall DSL 40. I should have bought the Marshall. The Blackstar was a great amp it just wasn’t what I truly wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My brother has the Bugera and he really likes it.

Comment

Comment

Blackstar has the Marshall lineage with it being comprised of former M employees, but the entire HT Club Line sounds very solid state like. You’d be better off getting a used Peavey Classic 30 or Marshall DSL40. Far FAR better off.
          1988 Fender MIJ ST54 Hardtail Stratocaster w/SD JB Jr
          2005 Edwards E-JR-100LTD/DC w/Gibson P90
          2012 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Mahogany Satin
          2015 Fender Road Worn '50s Stratocaster w/SD JB Jr
          2018 Gibson Limited Edition Les Paul Junior
          -------
          1979 Marshall JMP 2204
          1997 Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100
          2021 Epic Amplification AR50
          2022 Mojotone British 800 2204​

Comment

Owned 2 V22s, got rid of both of them pretty quickly. Very good tone, but couldn't come close to my Fender Deluxes. Neither of the 2 I had responded well to the pedals I use, and the cleans were sounded generic compared to my Fender Deluxes.

If you've already used the V22 and like it then I would look for one used--they can usually be found pretty cheap.

Comment

I would recommend the HT50, because I strongly dislike Bugera. They're definitely is a reason they are cheaper than every other tube amp, and that reason is that they are cheap. I had a British bite head for a while and it sounded fine, but ate tubes like candy and had so many wiring quirks that I gave up fixing it and basically gave it away for free. The tolex was pealing off and the quality control was awful. The local GC has a V22 for testing pedals at the store. Any other amp would do better than that awful piece of junk. I went and tried out the JHS modded Angry driver with it and it sounded awful. I did not buy the pedal then, I later bought it from a differentstore becuase I had played it through a Egnater tweaker and it sounded amazing. Blackstar all the way.
              "My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my guitars for what I told her they cost" -Anonymous

Main Gear:
              Orange Rockerverb MKIII 50w
              Orange ppc212 open back cabinet
              Jackson dx10d
              DOD preamp 250 Overdrive
              MXR Carbon Copy
              MXR Phase 90 (EVH Version)

Comment

I've never tried the V22, but I would'nt disregard it off-hand "because it's a Bugera". I've played all their bigger higher gain heads & they all sound great..nothing second-tier about their sound at all.

The first run of Bugera's had quality issues, but they sorted those out, built their own factory & upped the overall quality of later production models..also added the Infinium tube monitoring tech which is really awesome. I've had my Bugera 333XL Infinium since 2013 & it's actually still running it's first set of tubes (pre & power). Never had the slightest problem with it either. I would'nt trade it for anything out there (not kidding)...

Why should I when it sounds like this (rough studio mix)

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

You honestly could do better while sticking to the $400 to $600 price range - especially if you buy used. Just depends on what you’re looking for in an amp.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarSQUIRELL View Post
                    I’m looking at starting the journey to save up for a new amp. I have played on the Bugera V22 at the church a few times and love the way it takes pedals. I have never used the black star. Can I get some input on these two? Whether you use one or the other or both. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I have an HT Club 40, and now a HT Club 50 MkII too. I just love these amps. They sound glorious by themselves, but can take pedals as a champ too, if that is your thing. I can't say bad things about them. As always, IMHO.

Inviato dal mio MotoG3 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Had the Bugera V22 head. I really liked the clean channel and it took pedals very well. The gain channel is a bit fizzy at lower volume settings. Much better cranked. Never had a lick of problems with it in the 2 years I owned it. I'm always plugging into my Marshall build so I sold it. Just wasn't getting much use.

Comment

Owned two Bugera V22's (because the first failed)...hated the 'fizzy' OD channel. Own a Blackstar HT20H and like it much better, but it still isn't my favorite due to having a higher gain than I prefer. I did change out V1 to a 5751 which makes it satisfactory, though not ideal for my taste. From your two choices, I assume you prefer higher gain than I.

Ironically, I had problems with both. The Bugera V22 was a 'throw away' (send it back and get a replacement); the Blackstar was a cold solder joint repaired locally, no cost under warranty.

But to answer your multiple choice question....Blackstar. If you're open to other suggestions, I'd suggest the Peavey Delta Blues 115 or Classic 30.

Comment

Other Guitar player in band has a Blackstar. Sounds fantastic. Not sure what model - but he has a 1x12 to stack it on, and he uses pedals into the front.

Blackstar.
                          Originally posted by Bad City
                          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                          X