Marshalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshalls

I just cycled through all of my amps. It's been a while and they're all so good but so different. I think I have a preference for the 1959.

Re: Marshalls

Damned nice amps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nice! Is that a 1959RR?
      sigpic
      Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

Marshal fanboy eh? I love the silver jubilee, but I am more of the Orange amp fanboy. British peeps make great amps!
        "My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my guitars for what I told her they cost" -Anonymous

Main Gear:
        Orange Rockerverb MKIII 50w
        Orange ppc212 open back cabinet
        Jackson dx10d
        DOD preamp 250 Overdrive
        MXR Carbon Copy
        MXR Phase 90 (EVH Version)

Comment

Originally posted by esandes View Post
          I just cycled through all of my amps. It's been a while and they're all so good but so different. I think I have a preference for the 1959.
          Lucky guy. All amps that only make magic when shattering glass and blowing off skirts. I'm lucky on the days where I get to turn my 45w amp up to 2. Yeah, I'd agree. Although the 2555 is such a great amp, the 1959 really smokes when it's cookin. A 1959RR + Humbuckers + Klon = Can't stop playing until your fingers need medical attention.

Comment

Originally posted by allbutromeo View Post
            Nice! Is that a 1959RR?
            It is. The one turned on. I think it's the best one out of the 4. It's not very versatile but it has the tones.

Comment

Originally posted by PierceOkken View Post
              Marshal fanboy eh? I love the silver jubilee, but I am more of the Orange amp fanboy. British peeps make great amps!
              I used to be anti-bandwagon and used everything but Marshall. I thought "everyone uses them and I don't want to be a follower". They're the real deal.

Comment

I’d say if you don’t want to be like everyone else, go with the white Marshalls!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I played a Marshall 8100 in my first band, boosted it with a DOD EQ pedal (before I knew that was even a tactic)
                  Played and owned MANY amp brands since then, and have come back to Marshall and it's been my #1 go to amp for the past 3-4 or so years.
                  Last edited by Van Noord; 01-14-2018, 01:54 PM.
                  ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                  ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                  ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

My first good amp was a 1988 Jubilee 2555 (black tolex) that I acquired in June 2001. It was my #1 amp until May of 2017 when I got my hands on a 2525H. I still play through the 2555 once in a while, but it's a bit heavy to haul around and far too loud for most rooms.
                    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

I really really love the white Marshall. I have a JCM 2000 sitting next to me that has hardly been used. I got it on a whim a few years ago, but it is too heavy and loud for the stuff I do. Sounds amazing, though.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

You're way too neat.

Comment

I had an 8100 in my early 20s and kick my ass every day for selling it. I had it running through a fender bassman 2x15 and it was killer! so much chunk and bottom for days,yet it still stayed tight through it all. i ended up buying a VS100 which comes close but just isnt the same. I still have the VS100. Maybe someday Ill find another 8100. If I ever do I'll have to find another 2x15 bassman to run it through. To this day it was the best tone I've ever had.
                          Last edited by Killer_Jackson; 01-14-2018, 07:28 PM.

Comment

A man after my own heart.
                            -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
                            “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Nice setup!

I love my JVM210H but I am thinking of switching down to the 50W model.

I've also been thinking of giving a JTM45 reissue or a 2204 head another try. Plexis aren't really my thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X