banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Likely hood of an updated powerstage 170?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Likely hood of an updated powerstage 170?

I so very much wish the powerstage170 had dual speaker outputs. Its almost perfect! I use dual 2x12 cabs and loath/hate dealing with a 4x12.
    I want the powerstage so badly but this issue is a deal breaker for me unfortunately.
    Would be amazing if they made an updated one with dual outputs, Move the input to the front. maybe bump it up to 200w.

Re: Likely hood of an updated powerstage 170?

Well, you could just get two of them and split the signal coming from your axe.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

Well i already own a quilter toneblock201 which is awesome but i like the smaller size of powerstage and its EQ. So getting 2 would defeat the purpose. I run a 100% pedalboard rig and try to keep it as minimal and compact as possible. Plus here in canada 2 powerstages would cost over a grand!!!

Comment

Yikes!
        Does the Quilter run in stereo?

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

The quilter does NOT run in stereo but it has 2 speaker outs like a typical amp as well as a DI out!

Comment

Hmm seems like the powerstage is pretty under powered if i play a gig and get stuck using a 16ohm backline cab. About 60w at 16ohms is not gonna cut for what i need (insane amount of head room)
            The quilter is usable up to 200w but inside its actually 400w allowing you to crank it full blast 200w with all the headroom in the world.
            Hope SD come up with a poweratage inbetween the 170 and 700 with dual outs.

Comment

Why not just get one of these: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/YPP111

Make sure you get one meant for the proper power.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                Why not just get one of these: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/YPP111

Make sure you get one meant for the proper power.
                Or just daisy chain the cabs.

(If I understood right, this is not about need for a stereo setup?)
                "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

I don't know if there is a chance of a stereo pedalboard-sized PowerStage. That is why you have the 700. My guess is that there are not enough people running stereo from a pure pedalboard (not rack) setup. I do- I use a Fractal, but I go into powered monitors.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                  X