Best Heaphone Guitar Amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Heaphone Guitar Amp?

I'm in the market for a headphone amp that I can connect to a speaker I have so that I can have a portable electric guitar. What I'm looking for is something similar to a Plexi tone if possible, I know there aren't a lot of options when it comes to pocket amplifiers.

Another thing to consider is that the speaker I'm using is designed for the younger generation, meaning it's loud and boomy. So a bass control is a must.

What are y'alls ideas?
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Re: Best Heaphone Guitar Amp?

Is the speaker Bluetooth? You could use iRig on your phone with any amp emulation you want and Bluetooth it to the speaker.

Comment

boss gt-001 if it's a powered speaker.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
        Is the speaker Bluetooth? You could use iRig on your phone with any amp emulation you want and Bluetooth it to the speaker.
        It is Bluetooth. Does IRig work on Android?

And the GT-001 is a bit lacking in the portability I want.
        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
          Tell me how to do this....In detail.
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I always look at the Pocket POD.
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Unless you absolutely have to use your old speaker, I'd suggest a Yamaha THR10 (original, X or C depending on taste). My THR10X sounds decent through headphones, has 5 high gain models, a clean, a bass amp, a flat (auxiliary) amp, 3 band eq, modulation effects, reverb, a tuner and an auxiliary input with separate volume control (so you can play along to stuff and control the mix).

If you're not playing guitar through it, you can still use it to play music on your phone. You can also record direct-out via USB and it sounds decent (good enough for a demo).

And it can run on batteries if needed. I doubt the battery life and portability compares to something like the pocket pod but it sounds much better (I had a pocket pod and sold it). It depends on what you need most.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Comment

If you are OK, with the used market, the Rockman X-100 seems to be the favorite of the Rockman headphone amp line. It has both chorus and echo effects built-in.

Comment

Here's a demo:

Comment

What about the 5150 Micro Stack or Vox Amplugs?

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                      Tell me how to do this....In detail.
                      Buy IRig 2 for $40.
                      Download AmpliTube FREE (or buy an upgrade if you need more amp models)
                      Plug you guitar 1/4" into the iRig I/O
                      Turn on Bluetooth on your phone and pair your phone with the Bluetooth speaker
                      Audio should then come out the Bluetooth speaker

Short of that, IRig also has 1/4" and 1/8" outs you can use a cable if needed.

IRig 2 works with Android

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
                        It is Bluetooth. Does IRig work on Android?

And the GT-001 is a bit lacking in the portability I want.
                        Certain models do. Just search for IRig and surf through the compatibility list on the IK Multimedia web site.

Comment

So I was looking at the Vox Amplug 2 line and the Blues model particularly stood out in the sound clips I've heard. Do any of you have experience with these?

Comment

Digitech RP Series
                            EHD
                            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I have the "Marshall" VOX amp-plug that I love. I plug it direct to my JBL bluetooth speaker to use it as a practice amp sometimes. It sounds great and it cranks. It also sounds great with my headphones.

Comment

Working...
                              X