NAD: 1989 Fender M80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD: 1989 Fender M80

I got my first real Fender amp! A 1989 SS M80, with real spring reverb. I also got a Pedaltrain Jr to house my favorite Boss pedals on. The M80 also came with it’s original footswitch. I had to gut it to replace the internals with a footswitch that would work with just a standard instrument cable. It also pairs well with the Metalzone. Aaaand the gain channel boosted with an SD-1 is typical 80’s distortion heaven. I’m tempted to run my modulation and delay pedals into the loop and just have my overdrives and wah in front. But i’m liking this small thing. Better than my Jade!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gear
    Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
    Synths: Roland D-20, Kawai K11, Yamaha QS300
    Leslie Cabinets: 1975 Leslie 825 and 1974 Leslie 705.
    Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
    Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.
    Amps: Fender Sidekick Reverb 35

Re: NAD: 1989 Fender M80

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Alright, someone found a use for a metalzone! So you're that guy!

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
        Yes, I found an actual use for a MetalZone... With mids too.. it ****ing kills my Jade's distortion channel 10 fold..
        Gear
        Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
        Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
        Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
          The "other" guy, thank you.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

I love those old Fenders! Nice look and sound. I wouldn’t mind having one for sure.
            ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
            2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
            Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

Great amp I have the head version. The cleans are amazing and the gain while dated is awesome with great touch sensitivity. You have a great amp on your hands there Nathan.

Comment

Excellent amp!

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                  Great amp I have the head version. The cleans are amazing and the gain while dated is awesome with great touch sensitivity. You have a great amp on your hands there Nathan.
                  I knew this. So yeah. I wanted an '80s amp, so I got one. I may get some rack gear to complete the setup for 80's rock.
                  Gear

Comment

You have a Metalzone, what more do you need?
                    \m/\m/

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarFanatic View Post
                      I knew this. So yeah. I wanted an '80s amp, so I got one. I may get some rack gear to complete the setup for 80's rock.
                      Watch out! You might end up getting hooked, and ditching Battleship Australia! Once you go rack…

Comment

I had one- great clean channel for pedals and great reverb. Overdrive channel reminded me a lot of CC Deville

Comment

Working...
                        X