Custom Classic:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Classic:

Hi; I've just bought a Vox AC30 CC 1 x 12 (New old stock)

When I plug in to the "Normal" channel, and turn the normal volume all the way down, I can still hear the "Top Boost" channel (I can raise the volume by turning the top boost gain, but it's only quiet and it's un distorted)

Is this normal? Do me a favour will ya, if you've got one of these, please go and see if your's is the same
    (it doesn't bother me much, as long as it's not a sign of trouble later on)

Thanks in advance, Frank.

Re: Custom Classic:

I don't know if it's every Vox AC30 and I don't own one. But I do know that there have been plenty mention of the channel bleed. AC15 too, I think. I don't think it's abnormal but again, I don't own one and I'm not really up on them. I'm sure others more familiar will chime in.

Comment

I don’t have my AC30CC2X any more but it definitely did this all the time I had it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Darg1911 View Post
        I don't know if it's every Vox AC30 and I don't own one. But I do know that there have been plenty mention of the channel bleed. AC15 too, I think. I don't think it's abnormal but again, I don't own one and I'm not really up on them. I'm sure others more familiar will chime in.
        Thanks for the info; that puts my mind at rest, cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by VinceT View Post
          I don’t have my AC30CC2X any more but it definitely did this all the time I had it.

And it never got any worse? (or you'd have said) Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank2 View Post
            And it never got any worse? (or you'd have said) Thanks.
            Yup, it was there from day one and still there just the same when I sold 3 years later (my only reason for selling was that it was too loud to use fully and too heavy to cart around!)

Comment

Originally posted by VinceT View Post
              Yup, it was there from day one and still there just the same when I sold 3 years later (my only reason for selling was that it was too loud to use fully and too heavy to cart around!)

Thanks Vince; yes it is loud, but I use the bias switch on the back to reduce clean headroom (and I don't go for max gain sounds any way) You're right about it being heavy, I have a Fender Pro Sonic Custom Shop and That feels like it's full of bricks!

Comment

Thanks Vince; yes it is loud, but I use the bias switch on the back to reduce clean headroom (and I don't go for max gain sounds any way) You're right about it being heavy, I have a Fender Pro Sonic Custom Shop and That feels like it's full of bricks!
                Oh but that Prosonic sounds so good, don't it
                Its been twenty years since I played one
                But if I remember correctly, everything in the store sounded great thru it
                EHD
                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I haven't had them running at the same time yet, I'll have to A/B them and compare, first thought is that if the Vox isn't on too loud, it sounds like the Fender.

Comment

Update; the amp broke down, so it's gone back to be repaired / replaced.

Comment

Update; the amp broke down, so it's gone back to be repaired / replaced.
                      Ugh, sorry to hear that.

Comment

Working...
                      X