I got a new amp but the od channel is acting up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a new amp but the od channel is acting up

I bought a used amp and i need some assistance because while the clean channel is working well the od channel sounds weak and buzzes every time you play a note. It will be quite one moment then loud the next then fades out while crackling I have no idea what it could be

Re: I got a new amp but the od channel is acting up

Originally posted by Millionthhunter View Post
    I bought a used amp and i need some assistance because while the clean channel is working well the od channel sounds weak and buzzes every time you play a note. It will be quite one moment then loud the next then fades out while crackling I have no idea what it could be
    It’s early here, and I haven’t had coffee yet so I’ll cut to the point.

Here’s the thing - if you’re not an amp tech, no matter what discussion we have here, you’re going to end up taking this amp to an amp tech. So take this amp to an amp tech.

If you do insist on taking the time and effort (ours and yours) to discuss the issue here, so you can learn in detail why you need to take this amp to an amp tech, telling us the make, model and age of the amp would be a good idea.

I’m off to find coffee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

You pretty much hit the nail on the head dude cause I'm looking up amp techs today but I would like to discuss it just to learn a little bit more about amps. Its a randall rgt100c from the late 80s i believe. Hoped you enjoyed the coffee

Comment

9/10 it’s tubes in my experience.
        Crackling, weird popping, funny noises during fade out, volume fluctuations.
        All bad tube symptoms.

Comment

Wouldn't the bad tubes affect the clean channel as well though?

Comment

Originally posted by Millionthhunter View Post
            Wouldn't the bad tubes affect the clean channel as well though?
            Not if they’re tubes that only the OD channel uses.

Comment

Working...
            X