banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What speaker would you recommend for replacing the stock one in Marshall DSL20CR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What speaker would you recommend for replacing the stock one in Marshall DSL20CR?

Title speaks for itself. I like how Celestion G12H30 sounds in some demos, because it has some fullness to it, but at the same time it's kind of not as pronounced as i'd like it to be? Do you happen to know some alternatives that give rich but clear sound? I'm looking for something that combines a big, full, yet pronounced and present tone.
    Last edited by nevermind25; 04-24-2018, 12:56 PM.

Re: What speaker would you recommend for replacing the stock one in Marshall DSL20CR?

personally id go either vintage 30 or creamback h75. V30 if u wanna keep all the marshall hi mid cut thing, creamback if u wanna take it down a little bit. Creamback has a rich midrange with a less sharp cut in the highs/high mids
    EBMM Monarchy Majesty 6 Purple (DiMarzio Sonic Ecstasies)
    Jackson Soloist AT Indigo Storm HT6 (BKP Juggernauts)
    Jackson Soloist Slime Green FR6 (Duncan Custom B/59B N)
    Fender MIM Fat Strat Sunburst (Stock)
    PRS Archon
    Line 6 Helix -> Powerstage

Comment

Re: What speaker would you recommend for replacing the stock one in Marshall DSL20CR?

Originally posted by dxlxntxxlxr View Post
      personally id go either vintage 30 or creamback h75. V30 if u wanna keep all the marshall hi mid cut thing, creamback if u wanna take it down a little bit. Creamback has a rich midrange with a less sharp cut in the highs/high mids
      I've gone back and forth between Creamback H-75's and V30's in my cabs. I agree about CB's having rich creamy mids with less strident high mids. I do, however, think that CB's have got more sizzle and attack than V30's higher up the spectrum. Take that as a grain of salt.

For a Marshall, I'd go Creambacks, personally.
      Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 04-24-2018, 03:10 PM.

Comment

I’d get the 75 Hz G12H30. It’s my favorite ceramic magnet speaker.
        “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

g12h30
          "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Working...
          X