The exciting world of nano technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The exciting world of nano technology

I bought an amp board off ebay to use in a simple guitar amp project I was going to undertake soon. I thought the board itself would be about 3" x 4" or something.

It's like the size of a quarter lol.

Not sure if I can use a pencil type iron without damaging it, but I'll give it a shot. I don't usually use flux, but looks like with tiny things like this it's necessary.

Click image for larger version

Name:	nano2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	5847849

Re: The exciting world of nano technology

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
    I bought an amp board off ebay to use in a simple guitar amp project I was going to undertake soon. I thought the board itself would be about 3" x 4" or something.

It's like the size of a quarter lol.

Not sure if I can use a pencil type iron without damaging it, but I'll give it a shot. I don't usually use flux, but looks like with tiny things like this it's necessary.
    How powerful is that
    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Agreed....this trend amazes me. I bought one of each of these!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
        How powerful is that
        With 12 volts I think it’ll be like 1-1.5 Watts. I thought I’d skip a step in soldering up a bridged 386 amp (kinda like a lil Smokey) and just find one like this ready to go.

If it doesn’t work I’m out 99 cents.

Comment

wow that floor amp is 75 watts!

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
            wow that floor amp is 75 watts!
            Yes, with a 4 ohm speaker load. I use mine w/ an 8 ohm load yielding 40 watts and that proves to be plenty for my needs.

And while I like them all, the Vox MV50AC is my favorite (25 watts @ 8 ohms; 50 watts @ 4 ohms). Put it on a small pedal board with a few 'essential' pedals and you're set. The BritWind Floor amp can stand alone (sans pedals) and may be the perfect backup device.
            Last edited by IM4Tone; 05-03-2018, 10:24 PM.

Comment

This thing really surprised me. Super loud and pleasant with guitar. I thought 9-volts would be much quieter, but it seems just as loud as with a 12-volt adapter.

At 99 cents, I gotta get me some more for future projects.

Click image for larger version

Name:	micro.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	5808431

In action (Anthrax's Medusa):

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
              Last edited by DankStar; 06-01-2018, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Sounds great ..it went into a cab?
                "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Also, regarding the new Korg nano tube thing. I quite liked the sound of that big/full-sized (100 watt?) Vox head they demo'd at NAMM (I guess it was last year). Not sure if it was just the preamp tubes that were those nano-tube/chip looking things or if it had "nano" output tubes as well..

Stuff like that should be interesting
                  "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                  If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
                    Sounds great ..it went into a cab?
                    thanks! yes - carvin legacy 2x12. I think the gsp may have had a speaker impulse on FWIW.

Comment

Working...
                    X