4x12 wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x12 wiring question

Can anyone tell me what the ohm are with this. Its a mf400 and the label says 8 ohm but the mf400 should have g12k 100 and today I opened it to find vintage m30's which are suppose to be in the mf280. They are 16 ohms and I believe they are wire series/parallel and all the diagrams I fine online say that makes it 16 ohms. Guy at GC said that 4 16 ohm in series/parallel makes 8 ohms but I cant find a diagram to confirm this. Ive ran the mode 4 at 8 ohms the whole time ive owned it but just got a tube head and want to make sure I'm running the correct ohms. Top of the cab is on the left of the screen.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20180512_091551.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	5847955

Re: 4x12 wiring question

Looks like 16 ohms. I'm not 100% sure since the center post is obstructing some of the wires, but each side of the cab appears to be in parallel, and the two sides are in series with each other.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Agree with distrust. Parallel wired in pairs, then the pairs are in series. 16 ohm final load.

http://www.jumbosunshade.com/swd01.htm

Comment

Thanks that's what I was getting from all my searching as well. Guy from GC is full of $#!+.

Comment

Working...
        X