banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5watt tube amps for overdrive and distortion pedals.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5watt tube amps for overdrive and distortion pedals.

What are some 5watt tube amps that handle overdrive and distortion pedals well? I ask because I heard that some tube amps don’t handle overdrive or distortion pedals well like Vox amps.
    Last edited by Wayne27; 05-13-2018, 05:14 PM.

Re: 5watt tube amps for overdrive and distortion pedals.

I've been getting great tones from my AC4 with distortion pedals. I think the issue isn't so much the amp as it is the right pedal for the amp. If you already have a pedal you love, take it with you when you try out amps. See if they mesh well together before purchasing.

Comment

Bugera V5 handles dirt very well and all other pedals as well.
      Crash49 - my music on amazon and itunes
      http://a.co/8ht5Qes

Comment

IMO, Vox amps handle pedals just fine. I love the tone of a Fulltone OCD into a Vox, personally.

Comment

AC4-C1 - likes overdrive
          Originally posted by King Buzzo
          I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

I have an AC15, you can put lipstick on a pig but its still a pig. My Bugera is a transformer. I use a metal pedal it turns into a metal amp. I use an overdrive, it turns into a marshall. AC15? Not so much.
            Crash49 - my music on amazon and itunes
            http://a.co/8ht5Qes

Comment

Weird. My Mini Night Train sounds pretty damned good with a BK Butler Real Tube in front of it.
              Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Blackstar HT-5. Has pretty great overdrive channel as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been playing my Fender Bassbreaker 007 through a Bassbreaker 112 cab (with the Celestion V-type speaker).

Works great with: TS-9 RI, MXR '78 Custom Badass Distortion (my favorite with that amp and cab, actually) and a Fulldrive 3. Not bad: Boss Blues Driver and Vox Satchurator.

Originally posted by nedcronin
                  Pretty much what you suggested Ink.
                  Originally posted by metalmachine
                  dont worry about it bro. even if we dont like it...... were just internet ppl. not real ppl. more like a hulicination of a mythical forest creature.

Comment

I've been playing my Fender Bassbreaker 007 through a Bassbreaker 112 cab (with the Celestion V-type speaker).

Works great with: TS-9 RI, MXR '78 Custom Badass Distortion (my favorite with that amp and cab, actually) and a Fulldrive 3. Not bad: Boss Blues Driver and Vox Satchurator.

Originally posted by nedcronin
                    Pretty much what you suggested Ink.
                    Originally posted by metalmachine
                    dont worry about it bro. even if we dont like it...... were just internet ppl. not real ppl. more like a hulicination of a mythical forest creature.

Comment

pick up a 5F1, it has built in natural overdrive and distortion...no pedals required.

Comment

The H&K Tubemeister 5 does great with pedals. Actually, it does better with pedals than it does on it's own. It "needs" something.

Comment

Bugera V5 Infinium with a Bugera 1x12 cab does the job for me.

Comment

See if you can find a Jet City Picovalve on the used market.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the Bugera G5 infinium. I push a 1x12 cab with a Greenback. Love it, has a tasty gain channel.
                              I'll run my TS9 and Tumnus Deluxe through both the gain and clean channels. Also, has an effects loop,
                              reverb, foot switch and can be set to 5, 1, or .1 watt. It's a great little amp.

Comment

Working...
                              X