banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's This Part Called/Where Can I Buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's This Part Called/Where Can I Buy?

The plug that should be present around the wall cord to prevent I from ripping out:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6664.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	5847961
    Originally posted by King Buzzo
    I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Re: What's This Part Called/Where Can I Buy?

It's grommet. Should be available about every store that carries bolts, washers etc...
    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

^Awesome. Looks like I can use this:

I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

Normally a hole for a grommet won't have the flats, nor does a grommet prevent the cord form being pulled out. So, yeah, the Strain Relief is a good choice.

FWIW they are made by Heyco - https://www.heyco.com/Strain_Relief_Bushings/ they are $0.24 at Mouser

Comment

THat mojo strain relief is for a round, 3 conductor cord (18 awg). If you are keeping the 2 conductor, flat cord, you can get a strain relief for that type. As Devastone suggests, Check Heyco for the one you need.

Comment

Yeah, I always called it a 'strain relief'. I always love the 'no user serviceable parts inside' warning.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thanks. I was planning on converting to a three conductor, until I Googled how to DIY it and scared myself out of making the attempt myself (so I guess I'm a sucker as far as obeying the "user servicing" warning, lol.)

If I don't take the amp to a tech to get a three prong, I probably will just use a new two prong (the old one has some scary splices) and relief grommet, unless someone tells me I WILL die in a convincing way (I've used a two-prong Silverface Champ since before I knew better & for long enough to feel safe with the concept of retaining two prong in general.)

(The tech who looked at my Champ a few years ago dissuaded me from converting the plug.)
              Last edited by Silence Kid; 05-14-2018, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Silence Kid View Post
                Thanks. I was planning on converting to a three conductor, until I Googled how to DIY it and scared myself out of making the attempt myself (so I guess I'm a sucker as far as obeying the "user servicing" warning, lol.)

If I don't take the amp to a tech to get a three prong, I probably will just use a new two prong (the old one has some scary splices) and relief grommet, unless someone tells me I WILL die in a convincing way (I've used a two-prong Silverface Champ since before I knew better & for long enough to feel safe with the concept of retaining two prong in general.)

(The tech who looked at my Champ a few years ago dissuaded me from converting the plug.)
                I suppose dying is possible if not super likely.

OTOH I have been shocked by a 2-prong amp, and it hurts enough to not want to repeat it. I also had Savage Audio convert a JMP 2203 to a 3-prong cord and it wasn't a terribly expensive mod.
                Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Working...
                X