Dsl40c settings what do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dsl40c settings what do you use?

I'm still getting everything dialed in. The speaker is breaking in nicely. Still tweaking on the EQ pedal. But was wondering what settings you guys used?
    Mainly on the drive channel right now I am mainly using drive 1 with the gain around 6. Then using the boss sd-1 to add extra gain when I need it. It would be nice if the footswitch wood let you switch between drive 1 and 2.

Re: Dsl40c settings what do you use?

Red 1 gain at 6 or so crunch about the same the EQ all at 5 or so with a creamback speaker
    tone slut
    Marshall DSL 40C
    Fender EVH Striped Series
    Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
    Fender Squier Tele Affinity
    Mogami cables

Comment

I liked the green channel crunch mode, gain on about 8, and red channel gain 1 on about 4, master volume on 4. Treble and presence between 1 and 3, bass around 3 or 4, mids on 6. Tone shift out, resonance low for buckers or high for single coil.

The new DSL 40cr can midi switch the modes on each channel they've needed that forever

Comment

On my DSL100h I use Green 1 (Clean) with the gain set to just about to break up (between 7 and 9 depending on guitar) B4-5, M8, T7. This works as a good pedal platform i.e. clean, blues and classic rock.

I then use Red 2 (OD2) with gain at about 4 for heavier rock. I generally prefer amp gain for this style.

Deep and Presence to suit.

This all goes into a 4x12 V30 and G12H30 cab.

It took me a while to settle on this. I started off with Green 2 (Crunch) and Red 1 (OD1) but I found I had both channels set similarly and couldn't get a decent clean or a good heavy sound.

Comment

Originally posted by MalcolmSex View Post
          On my DSL100h I use Green 1 (Clean) with the gain set to just about to break up (between 7 and 9 depending on guitar) B4-5, M8, T7. This works as a good pedal platform i.e. clean, blues and classic rock.

I then use Red 2 (OD2) with gain at about 4 for heavier rock. I generally prefer amp gain for this style.

Deep and Presence to suit.

This all goes into a 4x12 V30 and G12H30 cab.

It took me a while to settle on this. I started off with Green 2 (Crunch) and Red 1 (OD1) but I found I had both channels set similarly and couldn't get a decent clean or a good heavy sound.
          Balancing the channels is always hard on the DSL I feel like but with the 50w or 40w it's easier to get the power tubes and phase inverter kinda smoothing out the differences and the Chinese el34b-str I had in mine broke up early and were crunchy. The few times I put the master on seven or so I started to feel like it was hard to find a bad sound as long as the gain wasn't too high but the channel differences see so exaggerated at say 3 or less on the master. For me it was a terrible amp cuz I played at home lol

Edit: I had the old UK 50w. For home use I mostly used it as 4 different amps and for that matter hung out on green crunch, with an ocd type pedal. My speaker was a legend v12 and it was bright at low volumes so I ran treble and presence almost off if the volume was low but higher as the speaker fattened up
          Last edited by FuseG4; 05-16-2018, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X