banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Powerstage 170 ...... just went faulty ... help with Warranty !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerstage 170 ...... just went faulty ... help with Warranty !!!!

*** RESOLVED / UPDATE *** See Post #10 Below ***

Hey all

Was at rehearsals last night and my 6 month old Powerstage 170 just went bad mid-song ?!?!?!?! ...... it started humming loudly and the output signal became very crackly / distorted.

Unplugged it and came home. Plugged it in [again] and hooked it up to a speaker [again] and even with no input plugged in, as I turn up the Main Vol, the hum gets louder and is distorted - it hums and is distorted regarldess of whether or not it is being fed a signal - it was only the 5th time Ive used it !!!!

I was in the UK in December and bought it there brand new from " StompBox " in Middlesex and used it for 2 small shows there and then it came back with me to Australia.

=> is there any way I can get this fixed under warranty ?

=> I am the original owner and it has only been used about 5 or 6 times and is only 6 months old ?

=> I bought it new from an authorized seller and for a brand new unit with such minimal use to go faulty so quick is really disappointing

All help much appreciated.

Ben
    Last edited by ben ifin; 06-13-2018, 07:43 PM.

Re: Powerstage 170 ...... just went faulty ... help with Warranty !!!!

..... bump ..... anyone ? .....

Comment

Have you tried contacting Duncan directly?

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
        Have you tried contacting Duncan directly?
        Go direct to SD support.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Contact Duncan directly (calling works better than emailing, I think- info is at the bottom of the home page). Outside of the US, they may refer you back to the dealer, but you don't know until you try. Let us know what happens.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I just emailed SD support as suggested. I'll report back. Thanks, Ben

Comment

Good News !

David Carrillo from SD Support got back to me and SD have agreed to repair the unit - I will post it back to their USA Repair Address [at my cost] and they will fix it and cover the return shipping to me.

Really good and fair of them in the circumstances

Ben

Comment

Wow, very cool! I am happy they can help you out! (Let us know what they say is wrong with it)

Comment

Powerstage 170 ...... just went faulty ... help with Warranty !!!!

Last weekend when I was working on my pedal board I noticed my Andromeda was missing one of the housing screws (bought this new from Musicians Friend). I emailed Duncan about it and David responded...the screws are in the mail!!

Comment

*** RESOLVED / UPDATE ***

Huge shout out and kudos to Seymour Duncan support / David Carillo.

As agreed - I shipped my PS170 to them at my cost - they got my PS 170 - and they are replacing it with a brand new unit and shipping it back to me at no cost later this week.

Fantastic, professional and courteous service !

Sincere thanks again,
                    Ben

Comment

How much did you end up having to spend for shipping?
                      Originally posted by LesStrat
                      Yogi Berra was correct.
                      Originally posted by JOLLY
                      I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
                        How much did you end up having to spend for shipping?
                        Ended only being AUS $53 from Melbourne Australia [ ~US $40 ] ........ best $53 Ive spent in a long time

Comment

Wow, very cool! I am so happy that they could help you!

Comment

That's pretty sweet man. I know that the Customer Support for SD has taken a beating in the last 2-3 years, but there are still some upstanding folks working there. Congrats. Let us know how the new unit works out.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Comment

Brand New replacement unit arrived in the mail today

Thanks David for all your kind assistance and help.

Ben

Comment

Working...
                              X