R.A.H. pedal with a solid state

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.A.H. pedal with a solid state

I have a Orange CR60 solid state and I was wondering if anyone thinks a Catlinbread RAH will work with it. I know it's made to work with a tube amp but I don't have one at this time.

Re: R.A.H. pedal with a solid state

Should work. Do you have a decent shop you can try the RAH out at? Any SS amp would work for the purpose of testing proof of concept, though a SS Orange would be ideal. Alternatively you could order from someplace with a decent return policy. Or you could call someplace like Sweetwater that can test that exact combination.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

On the Orange Crush
      "The main thing we set out to do on the CR60 and CR120 was to give them the feature set and voicing of the all-tube Rockerverb series, but using solid-state components, namely op-amps. Both of these models make full power into eight ohms so that extra cabinets can be added if needed, without overloading the class AB, analogue, solid-state output stage. Both the effects loop and reverb are in the same place in the circuit as they are on the Rockerverb."

About my CR60
      Hated the original speaker and replaced it with an Eminence Governor. There are some good sounds in this amp. The clean channel has some grit when turned up. The gain channel seems to start where the clean channel leaves off. If you haven't done this already, may I suggest upgrading your speaker.

The CR60 takes pedals really well.

With mine, I run it straight or with either a Fulldrive FD2 or Catlinbread DLS into the front and a Truetone H20 in the loop.
      Am really satisfied using this amp With or Without effects.

On the RAH
      The store owner let me try his display model. Took a boxed one home and it sounded like a bucket of bees. He called Catlinbread and they immediately sent a replacement pedal. [ Catlinbread scores on this ] The replacement worked as advertised and was impressive [ Had to take the time to dial this pedal in ... ].

Closing Comments - Yes, the amp should handle the RAH nicely. If I could go back many, many years ago, I would have started out with Orange told myself "Stay with Orange and practice."
      That is not dead which can eternal lie,
      And with strange aeons even death may die.

Comment

Its one of those pedals that takes time to dial in and sounds best when playing louder than bedroom levels
        Crash49 - my music on amazon and itunes
        http://a.co/8ht5Qes

Comment

Working...
        X