Guitars vs Amps - v2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guitars vs Amps - v2.0

For me, it's more guitars than amps. I don't gig anymore and live in a small apt. A gibson small combo and preamp(s)+Two Notes Torpedo is all I need to get my tones. My GF let me have a small closet to store my guitars and I'm using the most of it. I have 8 guitars to 2 amps. I prefer setting up my guitars for specific tuning and pickup setups now. I tend to rotate my guitars based on phases of music that I'm listening to or inspired by.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Comment

The more of both you have, the more possible sound combinations available. I have about 16 guitars (possibly more, I'd have to count again) and at least 9 amps which allows for any sound I can imagine. I would recommend at least both something British sounding and something American sounding for amps and a spectrum from the Fender and Gibson families (including hotrodded superstrats and big, pointy metal rhythm monsters) for guitars plus modern extended range if you're that way inclined.
      The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Definitely more guitars than amps.

At the moment I have 18 guitars and 3 amps. One amp is never used anymore, another is the one I gig with, and the third is the little brother to the one I gig with (gives a similar sound for practicing at home).

To me an amp is just the way to make my guitar louder. Of course I have my rig tweaked so that I am getting the sounds that I want, but beyond that my amp is pretty much something for me to forget about because it’s all set.

Guitars, on the other hand, all have a distinct personality, feel, and voice. Sure… I can pretty much make any of them do anything I want, but I love the diversity. Each one has things it’s really good at and others things not so much.

I name my guitars because they’re very personal to me... I do NOT name my amps.
        Originally posted by The Commodores?
        "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

Running out of space for both.
          Last edited by Open lane; 07-02-2018, 12:50 PM.

Comment

I own a dsl40, a blues junior, a mini jubilee, a jazzamp, a crate, and most recently purchased a cube street. The cube street doesn’t have the best tone out of all of them but i find i play it more (probably also because it’s new to me) because it is light and convenient and have an aux-in for backing tracks

Comment

I want all guitars, and all amps. Pedals too. However, I'm happy with one woman.

Comment

I have a few amps that cover just about anything I'll do so the rest is all guitars for me

I am a guitar junkie
                My Bands -
                https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Love both great guitars & amps but with an awesome multi-channel amp that can do wonderful Fender cleans and killer high-gain then I can have anything from LP to Strats (and everything in between) will cover many tones, so far my BE-100 (Dave modified) does an awesome job (along side my SLO, XTC 100b, PT100, MKII-C, Pittbull classic, Cameron-Marshall, Arredondo)

\../
                  Last edited by mantrasky; 07-08-2018, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X