NAD Orange content!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD Orange content!

Well I decided to move the Leslie I picked up last month. Got it needing work, got it working and though it is super cool, not something I need though.

Moved it on and picked up an Orange Rocker 32. Stereo combo! Say what?! This thing is nuts. Single knob clean channel (volume), outstanding drive channel, plus a stereo effects loop! Means I don't have to drag two amps out to get great stereo delay and rotary speaker effects.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
    It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Re: NAD Orange content!

Very cool. Congrats!

Comment

The clean channel on those is right into the power amp, if I recall. Cool amp!

Comment

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post
        The clean channel on those is right into the power amp, if I recall. Cool amp!
        It's really interesting not having any tone controls on the clean channel. I assumed I'd hate it, flip to the drive channel, crank the master and use the gain knob as volume but that's not the case. I'm really liking the clean. It's that pronounced mids clean tone that I really like.

It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
        Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

With the clean being that good, an eq pedal when playing clean might really help you get some different, great clean tones. Sounds like a really cool amp, congrats.
          My Sound Clips

Comment

Congrats!

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Comment

But...it is black!
              Nice...simple and useable...always is a good thing!

Comment

I do a stereo rig using two Matamp heads into a 6x12 cab. I've been considering this amp as the portable alternative. I just wish it had 12"s in it. Those 10"s are just a liiittle boxy sounding for my ears.
                green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
                  I do a stereo rig using two Matamp heads into a 6x12 cab. I've been considering this amp as the portable alternative. I just wish it had 12"s in it. Those 10"s are just a liiittle boxy sounding for my ears.
                  Honestly you're not wrong. It's not the tens though, it's the size of the cabinet. I do honestly wish it were a single 10 or 12 with an optional extension cab that could either be used as a second mono cab or a stereo extension

Comment

I bleed Orange

Very cool, I was really excited about the Rocker line when it came out but I haven't clicked with it for some reason. Might have to give it another shot. I runs 10's with my Dual Terror - Emi Ragin Cajuns and Emi RamRods. They are focused but not boxy in a 1/3 open pine 4x10 not too dissimilar from the Rocker box. I'm thinking I didn't quite dig the Orange speakers so much when I've tried the Rocker.

Glad you like it and good luck with it. Post some updates as it breaks in and you live with it a while.
                    Last edited by Wattage; 07-01-2018, 02:22 PM.
                    My Bands -
                    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                    GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
                      I bleed Orange

Very cool, I was really excited about the Rocker line when it came out but I haven't clicked with it for some reason. Might have to give it another shot. I runs 10's with my Dual Terror - Emi Ragin Cajuns and Emi RamRods. They are focused but not boxy in a 1/3 open pine 4x10 not too dissimilar from the Rocker box. I'm thinking I didn't quite dig the Orange speakers so much when I've tried the Rocker.

Glad you like it and good luck with it. Post some updates as it breaks in and you live with it a while.
                      Probably wouldn't be a bad idea for me to try some new speakers with the amp later on but I have a feeling the guy who had this amp before me never really opened it up so these speakers may not even be properly broken in! I will work on putting some riffs through them before I make any decisions going forward about the speakers. I am liking the tone though. I have a feeling that any issues I'm having with it by itself will go away when put in a context with a band. I always end up cranking mids on amps once I'm in a band setting anyway.

Being that this is my first Orange ever, I'm excited to be exploring new tonal territory.

Comment

The Rocker like the Terrors and big on mids, I am sure it'll be a great amp for you. The Cajun's give you some real clear high end, really articulate while the Ramrods are very grindy and British. Too bad you're not nearby we could throw that on the cab and let it rip.

Break those speakers in well!
                        My Bands -
                        https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                        www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                        www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                        GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Working...
                        X