banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marshall Origin Series... Anyone have one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall Origin Series... Anyone have one?

I'm looking at the new Marshall Origin series amplifiers. The 5 and 20 watt models look interesting, and the clips I've heard sound great. Classic Marshall! Seeing that Marshall (surprisingly) included an effects loop in every model, a 1/3 octave EQ (Rockman, Rane, dbx) will take care of additional tone shaping needs. If anyone has one, I'd love to hear your opinion.

Re: Marshall Origin Series... Anyone have one?

the 20 seems cool but ive never tried one

Comment

Ive got my eye on the 50 but still haven’t seen one in the wild.

Comment

I don't own one but i work at a music store and we've had the whole line in stock.

They sound great. They look right. They feel a little lightweight and flimsy if you're used to overbuilt vintage amps like i am. I don't know if they'd handle touring but they're great little studio / weekend warrior amps.

Tonally they're in the 70s Plexi style for sure. It's a solid foundation as a pedalboard amp, or to just crank up for that classic crunch. I'm not going to sell my Oranges or Matamps for one, but if you don't have a good British-style tube amp, don't trust the used market and want to keep it affordable they're a solid option.
        green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

I'm thinking 20 watt combo w/10" driver. I love the sound of 10" drivers in low-watt designs! Been waiting (hoping) that VOX will do a proper hand-wired reissue of the AC10 (2x10) combo. A 5 watt tube amp w/8" driver is something I've never seen from Marshall. Wonder how it compares to a Fender Tweed? Had they included a tube rectifier, I think this would be a huge seller.

Comment

Working...
          X