banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody here running a PRS Sonsera 20 watter??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody here running a PRS Sonsera 20 watter??

There is one at a local shop I am REALLY infatuated with. today i was able to cut a trade deal with the owner for one of my 2 Subway Rocket Boogies but have not been able to get the Boogie from my Church yet to finsh the deal. I own 2 Subway Rockets and this PRS gives me a much different tone. Wanted to see if anybody here had one as still have a little time to change my mind.
    This is the amp I'm talking about.
    Last edited by Ascension; 07-12-2018, 07:42 PM.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Re: Anybody here running a PRS Sonsera 20 watter??

I don't know many people who've bought a PRS amp and kept it for very long. That said, it's probably good enough to play at church

I'm the guy that buys a bunch of things he knows he likes instead of a variety of things i might like, though. I have three heads that are basically one circuit and two that are basically another so i have backups in case my mains go down. Then again, variety is the spice of life...

If your core tone is based on the Subway amps you should keep both Mesas. If you're just looking to spice things up, have both options.
    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
      I don't know many people who've bought a PRS amp and kept it for very long. That said, it's probably good enough to play at church

I'm the guy that buys a bunch of things he knows he likes instead of a variety of things i might like, though. I have three heads that are basically one circuit and two that are basically another so i have backups in case my mains go down. Then again, variety is the spice of life...

If your core tone is based on the Subway amps you should keep both Mesas. If you're just looking to spice things up, have both options.
      Right now I own 4 amps running EL 84's, the 2 Boogie Subways , my Zinky Velvet and a Jet City JCA 22H Custom. I want a bigger bottle amp that has a tighter bigger bottom end and more clean headroom. If I grab a guitar and plug in here at home I normally will plug into my Zinky or Jet City not the Boogie. I bought a second Rocket simply because it had a great loop was very light and portable. With the second Rocket I could leave the one at Church and then have the exact same rig at home to grab and go if we played out so I had the same tones.
      While the Sonsera is only rated 20 watts it is running a pair of 6L6's so has a bigger tone tighter bottom end with more clean headroom and is running a 12 instead of the 10 in the Rocket . It's also very compact and lightweight so is easy to grab and go for a gig just like the little Rocket + has as good an effects loop. That + is one heck of a LOUD amp to be just 20 watts .
      My #1 concern is build quality with how it actually sits in a full band mix as my #2 as it's just an unknown.
      PS I'm SUPER ticky about my tone and that probably is good enough to play at church comment was uncalled for and downright insulting!
      My "Church" tones BTW with the little Rocket I will keep.
      Last edited by Ascension; 07-13-2018, 06:14 AM.
      Guitars
      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

PRS Sonzeras ... ugh.

Comment

does the drummer get enough air in that fish tank?

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
            Right now I own 4 amps running EL 84's, the 2 Boogie Subways , my Zinky Velvet and a Jet City JCA 22H Custom. I want a bigger bottle amp that has a tighter bigger bottom end and more clean headroom. If I grab a guitar and plug in here at home I normally will plug into my Zinky or Jet City not the Boogie. I bought a second Rocket simply because it had a great loop was very light and portable. With the second Rocket I could leave the one at Church and then have the exact same rig at home to grab and go if we played out so I had the same tones.
            While the Sonsera is only rated 20 watts it is running a pair of 6L6's so has a bigger tone tighter bottom end with more clean headroom and is running a 12 instead of the 10 in the Rocket . It's also very compact and lightweight so is easy to grab and go for a gig just like the little Rocket + has as good an effects loop. That + is one heck of a LOUD amp to be just 20 watts .
            My #1 concern is build quality with how it actually sits in a full band mix as my #2 as it's just an unknown.
            PS I'm SUPER ticky about my tone and that probably is good enough to play at church comment was uncalled for and downright insulting!
            My "Church" tones BTW with the little Rocket I will keep.
            Lighten up, Francis, it was a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
              does the drummer get enough air in that fish tank?
              Can be a hot box for sure if not designed right! Welcome to the unique challenges of playing in a Church band!
              Guitars

Comment

Lighten up, Francis, it was a joke.
                Name ain't Frances LOL! Got ya bro but you would be surprised how many folks really look down on us who play in Church and that's a FACT!
                Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
                  Name ain't Frances LOL! Got ya bro but you would be surprised how many folks really look down on us who play in Church and that's a FACT!
                  Yeah and lots of churchgoers look down on lots of people for lots of reasons but we still do our thing Power to ya brother.

Comment

Yeah and lots of churchgoers look down on lots of people for lots of reasons but we still do our thing Power to ya brother.
                    Yep agreed and on both sides a little respect goes a LONG way bro!
                    Guitars

Comment

Why arent they keeping them very long? reliability? lacking tone??

Those John Mayer amps are a fortune..
                      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I just listened to the PRS Amp, Dirty Shirley and Suhr Badger. They all have really nice clean sounds and horrible, fizzy gain. Is this what a modern tube amp is supposed to sound like ? I'm glad I've gone digital - my Yamaha THR100 will give me all of the bite I need but without the fizz.

Comment

Working...
                        X