banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's everyone's thoughts on the peavey 6505 mh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's everyone's thoughts on the peavey 6505 mh?

I have a guy wanting to trade me one with a 2x12 cab loaded with celestion greenbacks for my dsl40c. I was wondering what the general thoughts are on them? I like the dsl40 but do wish it was a head and cab combo sometimes.

Re: What's everyone's thoughts on the peavey 6505 mh?

I have a bit of experience with one that a good friend of mine has. I've replaced tubes in it and what not, and I have to say that this amp sounds pretty killer! It gets pretty loud. Maybe band practice levels, and sounds very similar to it's big brothers, noise and all.

He did have to send it to a repair shop after 6 months of owning it, which was covered by the warranty. There was a problem with the power tube indicator lights, and the circuit it was tied into. Made a lot of buzzing noises, and signal dropped out intermittently. It is fixed now, and works fine. Dont know if a lot of them have problems like this, but was enough to scare me away from them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah I have read alot about people having problems with the. Overheating. So I think I am going to stick with the dsl.

Comment

Originally posted by man-in-moon View Post
        Yeah I have read alot about people having problems with the. Overheating. So I think I am going to stick with the dsl.
        Think that is wise. I find that the jet city JCH22 Custom, the little lunchbox sized 5150's and the new PRS MT15 heads all sound better and are at or below the price point on the Peavey. Don't know what's going on with Peavey right now but reliability and build quality seems to be suddenly no where near were it was a few years ago. I would stick with the little Marshall.
        Guitars
        Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
        Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
          Think that is wise. I find that the jet city JCH22 Custom, the little lunchbox sized 5150's and the new PRS MT15 heads all sound better and are at or below the price point on the Peavey. Don't know what's going on with Peavey right now but reliability and build quality seems to be suddenly no where near were it was a few years ago. I would stick with the little Marshall.
          Pretty sad, cuz Peaveys have typically been work horses.
          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Would totally depend what that 212 cab is with the greenies.
            I'd maybe do the deal if it was a keep-for-life cab, but if it's a green-loaded Crate then I'd say stick with your good proven amp.

Comment

Working...
            X