Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here rocking a...

Fender Frontman 15G?

Comments? Use - just a risky dinky little bedroom amp. Might put pedals into the front clean.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Re: Anyone here rocking a...

I had one. The Mustang I V2 I replaced it with was much, much better. But still not great. For some reason, the Peavey VIP I was a much better amp.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Bass player had a Frontman 100 2x12 a few years ago when I cleaned out all his PA equipment
      But I missed out on the Frontman
      It went for $100 to another guy I know
      EHD
      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I thought about one but ended up with a Kustom ph2012 instead.
        Does all the clean solid state I need and has decent bass with the 12" speaker.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

The 25R is still super cheap and definitely a step up from the 15. Worth the $5 difference on Craigslist

Comment

Small and cheap enough to sound like a broken radio at low settings, still overall too loud to turn up and not bother the neighbors, unusable for practice with a band; they are not good amps. I don't really understand the purpose of most small 15 watt amps; but even the smallest Orange Crush, Line 6 Spider, or Guitar Center Acoustic brand 15 watt are MUCH better amps though. I think small Crate practice amps are really the only thing the Frontman 15 floats slightly above in the barrel.

For bedroom/living room practice at "listening level" I'd rather get a cheap iPad/iPhone interface and a small bluetooth speaker; or the small Orange Crush (10? 12 watt?) actually has a decent clean sound.
            Last edited by Silence Kid; 07-19-2018, 09:04 PM.
            Originally posted by King Buzzo
            I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

It's kind of in the same vein as my old Bullet Reverb. Cheap, light, small, better than nothing. It's a fine little bedroom noodling amp, but it can certainly get loud enough to get the cops called on you. I bought mine from my roommate in Nuke Training Unit, and it was my only amp the rest of the time I was in the Navy (8 years). Good amp for that: When you have no place to really set up a music room, you might be moving around a lot, it might get broken, lost, stolen, etc. I don't think I used it once after getting out. I sold it to my sister in law along with a Bronco Bass, just so she'd have some kind of amp.

To be completely honest, I highly prefer my Vox AmPlug TWIN model headphone amp. But if the Frontman is 20 bucks or something, I say grab it, and a nice pair of headphones to use with it, and use it as a headphone amp primarily.
              Originally posted by LesStrat
              Yogi Berra was correct.
              Originally posted by JOLLY
              I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

I have one in case my Marshall craps out (it hasn't yet).
                aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

I agree the 25R is a step up, I had one and was fun to crank, bit reminiscent of old champs and vibro champ amps, comes with some inherent boxiness to the sound but less boxy/farty/splatty than the 15G if you decide you wanna get louder than bedroom.

Comment

That’s the free amp I got but couldn’t get it to work so I gutted it. FWIW when I was googling to troubleshoot I ran across a lot of unhappy customers and reportedly dead amps. Would appear they had some inherent issues. Wish I kept the transformer to play with.

Comment

Yeah - but the 15 is little....

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                        Yeah - but the 15 is little....

Comment

Originally posted by Silence Kid View Post
                          Small and cheap enough to sound like a broken radio at low settings, still overall too loud to turn up and not bother the neighbors, unusable for practice with a band; they are not good amps. I don't really understand the purpose of most small 15 watt amps; but even the smallest Orange Crush, Line 6 Spider, or Guitar Center Acoustic brand 15 watt are MUCH better amps though. I think small Crate practice amps are really the only thing the Frontman 15 floats slightly above in the barrel.

For bedroom/living room practice at "listening level" I'd rather get a cheap iPad/iPhone interface and a small bluetooth speaker; or the small Orange Crush (10? 12 watt?) actually has a decent clean sound.
                          You don't need to turn it up. For transistor amps more is just always better.

I've toyed with the idea of getting a 2x12 100w Frontman just in case, if I for whatever random reason have a need for really loud clean amp. Since they're only around 100$, getting anything less seems like a waste of money
                          "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                          Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

You can gig with 100 watt SS amp or an 80 watt SS for that matter

But my 30 watt roland and 40 watt VIP2 just ain't loud enough for a live drummer
                            EHD
                            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

There will not be a drummer in my bedroom. Especially when I'm not there...

Comment

Working...
                              X